cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WCMO
Senior Advisor

Re: State of Union Address

Many get student loans because they otherwise cannot afford a college education, although a college education is not a prerequisite for life.  Yet many get student loans just because they can, often because someone has explained what a good deal they are, sometimes because they don't have to be paid off on a logical and business-like timetable, and often because many don't expect to ever be required to repay them at all.  Often these are the same people who max out credit cards and just apply for more of them while making the minimum monthly payments, then later can't get a home loan without government backing .  In my previous banking occupation, I even saw adults who didn't even list the aging student loans as a liability on their balance sheets, again, often the same ones left out their credit card debts (as though a credit report wouldn't clue us in).  In the real world, things have consequences, student loans should be no different.  If student loans are used to achieve a college education, then those who received this benefit need to earn and exhibit the trust that has been placed in them and repay their debt.  There are other choices -- getting a job right out of high school, community colleges, part-time employment with part-time school, military enlistment, etc.  Of course, I'm getting old, and too many of the young seem to look at things differently now.  Not all of us grew up dirt poor, 7 siblings in a 2-bedroom house, 2nd-hand clothes, 1 nice set of clothes for Church and special events, do good in school because the rest of your life depends on it, if you want something you work for it, your word is worth more than collateral, and debts are repaid.

bruce MN
Advisor

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(Caught up on itSmiley Happy  (star tribune thinks for Bruce)

Was the star tribune throwing up in their mouth like your sister?

k-289
Senior Advisor

I  Missed  the  part  about  M  F  P   payouts  to  foreign  hog  company's   -  ?

How  about  deficit  spending  -   Better,  cheaper,  everybody,  and  conversion  of   rate of  PE$o's  to   $$$$$  -  any  mention  -  ?     

k-289
Senior Advisor

Student   Loan   forgiveness   =   to  $125,000.oo   M  F  P  payment  -  MayBe  - ?    

WCMO
Senior Advisor

No, yet it would be equal to a tuition refund to those who paid for it.

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

My take is nobody could find a beef other than they were told not to like the speech. And yet these people get to vote.

farmerbob44
Senior Contributor

Incredible shrinking man

it would go unnoticed among the adoring 39% Base but the larger than life Reality TV/WWE POTUS is shrinking before our eyes.

I don't think that once the slow leak starts it can be stanched although I wouldn't rule out most anything as he thrashes about.

I think the stories of how he watches himself and others on TV with the sound turned off in order to gauge the magnetic effect are surely accurate.

farmerbob44
Senior Contributor

Re: Incredible shrinking man

the "you know who" thing- ya know the subject of Godwin's Law, the mention of such will get you banned here.

But as far as our POTUS' reputed fascination over him, it is indeed fascinating that a funny little fellow- said to possess a micro-####- was able to cast such a spell over the masses.

k-289
Senior Advisor

I  was  waiting  for  the  part  of  ,  CLOSE  THE  BORDER  NOW ,    plain  and  simple ,  or  a  likes   of  the  Cuban Resettlement  Act  -  Marco  says  works  -  -  -

Call  it    C  A  R  T -    Central   American   Resettlement  Transition ,   expedite  golf  course  employees,  groups   of  18  -  ?

As  for  the  WaLL  -     caLL  it   S  2  S  S    -    Sea  To  Shining  Sea  -  ?  

P  4  S   -  Pe$o's  For  Slats ''   - ?

A  O  A  S  I  A  E   -    All    Of     A   Sudden  It's   An   Emergency    waLL ,  probably  not  catchy  enough  -  ?  

W - D  I  S  - S e W - P   -  Why  Did  I  Say  Someone  Else  Will  Pay    waLL ,  will  try  to  condense  it -?

Who  ever  new  naming  could  be  so  complicated  -  ?