cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Stepping down????

US attorney found out he had 'resigned' in a news article 

I guess one way to protect your crooked friends is to take over the judicial system.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53117951

Geoffrey Berman, the US Attorney in Manhattan, said he learned he was "stepping down" in a press release issued by US Attorney-General William Barr on Friday evening.

Mr Barr gave no reason for the move.

He said Securities and Exchange Commission chairman Jay Clayton would be nominated to succeed Mr Berman.

Mr Berman has overseen the prosecution of a number of US President Donald Trump's associates since he took office in 2018.

They include President Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen, who has served a prison sentence for lying to Congress, the US legislature, and election campaign finance fraud. Mr Berman's department has also been investigating the conduct of Rudy Giuliani, Mr Trump's current personal lawyer.

11 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Stepping down????

I would think you would be more worried about what Blackface Trudeau is doing to get your two citizens back from china about to be prosecuted for spying. Or did he order the spying?

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

I would think you would be more worried about what Blackface Trudeau is doing to get your two citizens back from china about to be prosecuted for spying. Or did he order the spying?

Why did canada send Ebola sample to china?

r3020
Senior Advisor

Wuhan china.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(US attorney found out he had 'resigned' in a news article)

He didn't have even an inkling that he was being replaced?  In his meeting with Barr on Friday, when he was offered another position in the administration, the subject never came up?  Just completely out of the blue - seen it in the news?

(I guess one way to protect your crooked friends is to take over the judicial system)

What does that mean?  And did Trump do something no other President has done here?  I heard the formerly fired and anti-Trump twit bharara, on the dumbest man on tv's show, say the same thing.

r3020
Senior Advisor

You will have to forgive our uniformed friend from the north. Nothing is as important to him as his beliefs. Facts and science are meaningless.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Cleaning house of corruption

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(Cleaning house of corruption)

Yea, berman definitely has just proved he is corrupt by not professionally stepping down when asked - another anti-Trump activist US Attorney, time for Trump to kick his --- to the curb.  He can now join twit bharra as a cnn anti-trump analyst.

Dodn’t do this  poor guy any good at all to have been a Dennison donor and voter or to have served on the transition team and then become a Dennison appointee.  

Reortedly to be replaced by a lawyer who has never been a prosecutor.  

Makes perfect sense 

sdholloway56
Esteemed Advisor

Deutschebank defense attorney.

That makes sense. Corruption, ya know.