cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

Steve King sponsors a bill !

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/harriet-tubman-20-bill-steve-king_us_57687124e4b0fbbc8beb6f67?se...

Although in fairness Harriett Tubman probably never wore bread bags over her shoes while she was standing in line waiting for her welfare check at the FSA. (Apologies for mixed attribution).

11 Replies
hardnox
Advisor

Re: Steve King sponsors a bill !

Steve says "who me a racist? Harriet Tubman was the real racist."

Which I suppose technically she may have been.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Why do we have to change things?  It just solidifies the fact we are rapidly becoming a banana republic.  I`m sure in the cheese and croissant crowd these changes are thought of as "long overdue" and such, but it`s just silly lip service.  Those in my district won`t skip a single vote for Steve King.  He`s running against AgJudge`s mom (Patty Judge).

hardnox
Advisor

Too bad Keillor is retiring before he can work a militia meeting or two into Lake Wobegone.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

@hardnox wrote:

Too bad Keillor is retiring before he can work a militia meeting or two into Lake Wobegone.

There are no English Major thespians in our ranks. 

image.jpeg

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Why would you say she is my mom ?? Was that some sort of  dig or compliment ??

Does that mean you would be ok with me calling Joni Ernst your lover ??

BTW Patty is running against the 200 year old  grassly, not  slimy Steve king.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

I would bet that Senator Grassley could literally run circles around pudgy Patty, the establishment queen. Smiley LOL LOL LOL LOL sparkle sparkle.   

hardnox
Advisor

One of the things I hear from the boys who play army in the woods on weekends is their near certainty that "they won't fire on us."

Sadly, I'm with former Pres. Washington on that subject.

He rode at the head of the column of Well Regulated Militias from several states that scattered the Whiskey Rebellion.

A lot of subtleties in that though, as Washington was himself a large distille and profited from the regressive nature of that tax (sort of like Republican tax cuts for the Makers, I guess).

And to point out that the good burghers of the IA 4th have recently been the direct beneficiaries of a Whiskey Tax upon mankind, but are nonetheless restive.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Here is all there is to happen: another false flag like Newtown, like Columbine, like Giffords, like Orlando..that coupled with a dirty rotten Democrat house, senate and whitehouse and a gun ban is signed into "law".   Well, a 25 yr sentence to the federal pen would be the punishment of any gun beyond a single shot .22 or 20ga would be the "law".  Some people would coat their weapons in grease and bury them 25 feet deep, some would "act dumb" and just keep them in their closet. 

But a routine traffic stop or a report from a home health nurse would lead to huge headlines of guns that authorities would confiscate and the punishment of the 25yr sentence would surely be reported.  There would be amnesty periods where anyone that "forgot" guns, they could turn them in with no consequences.

A few yet have enough testosterone that such a "law" would be their line in the sand..with the drones, fururistic weapons that shoot around corners and noise blasters that make your brain run out of your ears, big brother would see this as an excellent excuse to thin their herd of cattle.

So unless for the few that are suicidal, it would be little more than a Bilderberg duck hunt.  And perhaps those that do compromise with evil will shortly realize that the lucky ones died on their feet instead of lived on their knees.   In short, when your guns are gone, you better have a good pair of knee pads, because that is how you`ll live the rest of your life, I don`t know, some may prefer that, probably Democrats as long as the soft-serve machine still is opperational.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Smiley Very Happy  That is funny, I thought Patty Judge was running against Steve King.  I had to google Steve King`s Dem opponent...it`s a gal named Kim Weaver.  She`s over at Ft Dodge, I never heard of her until I googled "who`s running against Steve King".   But I thought your handle was related to your last name and patty might be your mom or something, she lives kind of in your area and you`re both Democrats Smiley Very Happy 

"200yr old Grassley" Smiley Very Happy   That`s maybe why he`s such a good senator because he might`ve known some of the founders personally