cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Steve King, why

The sudden outrage by his Republican colleagues over his latest racist screed ??   Never bothered them before.....  

9 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Steve King, why

Doesn’t bother them when trump does it either! He must have committed a mortal sin against the party!!
Senior Contributor

"it doesn't take a weatherman to tell which way the wind is blowing"

Hope this helps!

Veteran Advisor

Does that mean you realize the manure is getting deeper on your side of the aisle so it is time to start showing a little “moral indignation”???
Senior Contributor

I have a long history here of objecting to racism, either from the right or the wrong sides.

Rick Scott, pulling in 48 percent of the Hispanic vote in FLorida, probably has shown republicans the light in winning minority votes in the USA. Scott purposely cultivated the Hispanic vote and nearly won it, on his way to victory.

Steve King barely squeaked out a win , in a district he should win by 20-30 pts each term

Hope this helps.

Senior Contributor

Mr. King is a casualty of war on Western civilization.

Years ago a question was asked in a class about the tribal wars of Indians and Africans.  It was never answered.

The question was moderately complex. 

In Europe there have been wars between nations and the end result was domination of the loser by the winner.  Changes were made in the structure and nature of the losing country.  The same was true in Asia and the Middle East.

However in Africa with centuries of tribal conflicts there wasn't the same result.  No changes were made to the losing tribe.  The same was true of the indigenous tribes in North America.  While they and their African counterparts engaged in slavery and murder of the losers no major changes were effected.  The Comanche's remained as they were, the Apache, the Sioux, the Arapaho's and so on.  It

Why the difference?

Honored Advisor

There a presently 2 Republicans are going to primary Steve King, I`m sure they are more "establishment friendly"...so the establishment decides to make a big deal out of this. King did "phone in" his last re election, he never run an ad that I saw...where the bald JD Scholten was all over the airwaves and signs and all kinds of stuff.  The thing is, if King wants to fight for it in 2020, I wouldn`t be surprised if he wins re election again, those of us in the 4th District love a guy or gal that gives the establishment the finger.

Honored Advisor

If you try and force cats and Dogs to eat together, you`re gonna get resulting fights, as a kid I found that out and had the scratches to prove it.  To merely point that out these days some how makes one an "undesirable human being" not worthy to be on any committees ....alrighty then.

Veteran Advisor

Well there you are. Segregate the races here in America. I was wondering when one of you * would bring that up. Your little example is false because you are talking about different species and not different races within a species. Negros, Hispanics, Asians, Caucasians, etc etc are all of the same species.
Advisor

Just saw the Nation’s finest political commentator, The Register’s Rehka Basu, on the TV. Asking why none of these Iowa GOP pols have never said a peep until it became a shocking national story.