cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Still waiting.

Who made that statement?  Wasn't me.I'm just telling you that if you don't have any idea, then you can't say things like "just move!"  It isn't JUST that simple.  Enough of this.  You guys won't change because you don't like poor folks and liberals so no need talking about it any more.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I'll ask you the same stupid, irrelevant question!  But I'm not "taking in" any but I do help support my wife and I and my two daughters and their families in Illinois.

hardnox604008
Veteran Advisor

It's simple.

Just remove all regulation and cut top income tax brackets to 0 and there will be more jobs than you can fill.

OK, maybe not, but it works with a certain group of voters.

tomtoolbag
Veteran Advisor

Re: Okay I`m with ya, Hobby

I'm glad that someone else has wondered that also. From what I've read of some of your other postings on various topics, you tend to look at the "big picture" of things with quite a bit of foresight, instead of using the here and now mentality.

I've also wondered how much of total gas consumption is Ethanol blended, and if all of it is blended, and with a certain percentage, once we've reached that point, don't the mandates actually increase gas(oil consumption)? I don't know the totals, but maybe someone else does.

There are various types of technology that could be implemented, from nat. gas to electric. Of the types, there are just a few that could be a catch-all type of energy such as nat. gas. Electric cars could serve a function for people that do short distance daily driving, and I wonder why the manufacturers have tried to focus upon an unrealistic range if it's not need. Why create a car that can go roughly 100 miles on a charge with the applicable batteries if the daily/weekly driving needs don't warrant it, but just so it doesn't need to be charged for a week? The extra capacity is what makes it out of the reach of most people cost-wise, when it could be charged 1-3 times per week overnight for a much less cost of investment.

The same goes for other types of energy/technology too. I believe if there were more options of energy, overall they would be cheaper and easier to access and utilize. Like nat. gas, the conversion costs and infrastructure  could be attained easily without copying the infrastructure that we use today for gas/IC engines.

As a side note, we went to the auto show in Chicago this week, and I only saw 2-3 cars that were outside or above the 15-18 city, and 25-30 highway range. Again, just as in the years past, I spoke with a company rep about the Prius, and the extent of paying for electric vehicles. I got the talking points and same old marketing BS, but as usual they stumbled when I pressed her on the vital basics of things such as motor fuel tax payments/collection. If the electric car is roughly the same weight, which will do the same amount of wear/damage to roads when driving, how do they propose to collect taxes to pay for the maint. or upkeep of the roads, if no motor fuel taxes are collected(they are prepaid too, don't pay-no gas)?? 

The highlight of all the cars we saw was a 1947(8) Ticker in immaculate condition. Other than that, it was just different variations of cheapness with the same overall styling and mileage or performance.