cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Strangest dadburn recession ever

Another 545K jobs added in July. What, about 3M in the 7 months where we were supposed to be in recession?

Data is highly contradictory. Best guess is in the current account (import/export) and inventory numbers but that will shake out over time.

The economy has slowed a lot, which is good.

Pandemic measures did overshoot but I’ll continue to say that it was more on the monetary than fiscal side.

17 Replies
dwillinois
Senior Contributor

Re: Strangest dadburn recession ever

The unemployment rate also declined, sliding to 3.5%, from 3.6%, and below the 3.6% estimate as the number of unemployed persons edged down to 5.7 million. These measures have returned to their levels in February 2020, prior to the coronavirus pandemic.

Among the major worker groups, the unemployment rates for adult women (3.1 percent) and Whites (3.1 percent) declined in July. The jobless rates for adult men (3.2 percent), teenagers (11.5 percent), Blacks (6.0 percent), Asians (2.6 percent), and Hispanics (3.9 percent) showed little change over the month.

The participation rate declined again from 62.2% to 62.1%, as the number of people in the job market -- either working or looking for work -- declined again last month. What the Fed really wants is to see people flocking back in, driving up the unemployment rate and easing pressure on wages. Instead what we are seeing is people leaving the job market and employers fighting to grab those that remain, luring them with higher wages.

Strange indeed 

I see * and the woke really helping the blacks and brows as usual 

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Everybody knew that we were near hitting a demographic tipping point even without the huge scramble of the last couple years.

I’ll leave it to you geniuses to figure out appropriate policy.

dwillinois
Senior Contributor

dwillinois
Senior Contributor

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(Multiple job holders hit all time high)

In a disaster joe economy and his 6.5 times increase in inflation to 9+% the average American needs to have multiple jobs just to make ends meet.  Now with the new -increase inflation and taxes bill- being close to passage, they'll need to get another job....but the liberal elitist like the grifting biden and pelosi clans will be fine.

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: 239,000 drop out of labor force

Most likely it is mothers who can't afford childcare during the summer school vacation period.  I know some working mothers who can't wait for school to start for that very reason.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

Re: 239,000 drop out of labor force

(Most likely it is mothers who can't afford childcare during the summer school vacation period.)

Well it's every average American, but your right as biden's policy's & 6.5 times higher inflation has definitely made child care much harder to afford.

bruce MN
Advisor

Possibly the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen here.

Back when the land was taken Jalen’s peeps didn’t have no property.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(Possibly the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen here.          Back when the land was taken Jalen’s peeps didn’t have no property.)

Well first bruceQ, you posted under the wrong post, quite possibly the dumbest thing I ever seen here.  Second, whoooosh....his statement isn't about who owned land back when it was taken from the Native Americans, his statement is regarding the current occupier of the land; and thus woke jalen should give up his land or shut his pie-hole.

But speaking of not having anything to do with something because it was back in the day, I guess you, me, and all Americans are finally off the hook for reparations?