Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Study Confirms That Fox News Makes You Stupid

The full report

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/dec10/Misinformation_Dec10_rpt.pdf

Commentary

http://www.alternet.org/story/149193/study_confirms_that_fox_news_makes_you_stupid

For those of  you who use Fox new as your main news source.   Well as Forrest Gumps said  Stupid is and Stupid does"!!

37 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Study Confirms That Fox News Makes You Stupid

I'm sure one could find a study that says, those who voted for Obama feel really stupid know.  : o )

Veteran Advisor

Re: Says You, and Your Commie Blog

Did you eat a lot of paint chips as a kid ????

Veteran Advisor

Re: Study Confirms That Fox News Makes You Stupid

http://www.alternet.org/culture/149136/america%3A_why_r_your_peeps_so_dum/?page=1

"Directly or indirectly, they understand that the real function of American social institutions is to justify, rationalize and hide the true purpose of cultural behavior from the lumpenproletariat, and to shape that behavior to the benefit of the institution's members. "Hey, they're a lump. Whaddya expect us to do?"

Senior Contributor

Mill and Hardnox

If you think you can insult me you have to do better then that.  Read   the second link about the misinformation and distortion  of facts  that fox news has spread.   So read the study. I know you can do that and the second link then come back and have a informed discussion. I know you can do that to   But multiple organizations that monitor the media have found Fox and of course others including MSNBC have at time been misleading but Fox seem to be at the top of list consistently.  Why is that  Yet more proof from inside Fox News that maybe Fox is not so fair and balance as they would have you believe

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201012090003

Veteran Advisor

Re: Mill and Hardnox

I was actually posting a piece that is supportive to your thesis although not specific to Fox.

A good read, kinda long.

Sorry if I gave offense, need to make my posts clearer.

Senior Contributor

Sorry Hardnox

Sorry my comments were directed at Kraft by democrats and Mill not you

Senior Contributor

Good Read

I read the article Good Read Thanks for posting sorry about the mixup

Veteran Advisor

Re: Mill and Hardnox

I think you may have mis-read nox....I believe he was letting you know that got you back on this.

Veteran Advisor

Re: I Am Just Stating Facts...

http://www.politico.com/blogs/onmedia/1010/Soros_gives_1_million_to_Media_Matters.html

George Soros announced that he has given $1 million to Media Matters “to hold Fox News accountable for the false and misleading information they so often broadcast.” Fox commentators frequently describe Media Matters, a frequent Fox critic, of being funded by Soros, but Media Matters has long denied that connection.

In today’s joint announcement, Soros denied it too – at least until today.

“Despite repeated assertions to the contrary by various Fox News commentators, I have not to date been a funder of Media Matters,” Soros said. “However, in view of recent evidence suggesting that the incendiary rhetoric of Fox News hosts may incite violence, I have now decided to support the organization. Media Matters is one of the few groups that attempts to hold Fox News accountable for the false and misleading information they so often broadcast. I am supporting Media Matters in an effort to more widely publicize the challenge Fox News poses to civil and informed discourse in our democracy.”

Soros figured prominently in the conspiracy theory that allegedly drove convicted felon Byron Williams to arm himself and set out to kill staffers at the Soros-funded Tides Foundation the ACLU this summer.
Although Williams said he had first heard of the theory from other sources, he told Media Matters in a jailhouse
interview that Glenn Beck was a “schoolteacher” who “blew my mind” on such topics. He told the interviewer to watch Beck’s June shows to get more information about Tides.

On Friday, Drummond Pike, the founder and CEO of the Tides Foundation, said “there will be blood on many hands” if the next assassin succeed, and called for a network-wide advertiser boycott of Fox News in response to Beck’s rhetoric. This morning Media Matters launched a website to join the effort.

Glenn Beck has said on air that Soros funds Media Matters 14 times this year so far, according to Media Matters.

Ari Rabin-Havt, Media Matters’s vice president for research and communications, told POLITICO that Media Matters has actually solicited the Soros-funded Open Society Institute for funding for the past six years without success. “We’ve asked for money,” he said. “We just haven’t gotten it.”

However, Media Matters has received funding from or formed partnerships with several groups that Soros funds or has funded. These include the Tides Foundation, Democracy Alliance, Moveon.org and the Center for American Progress.

Definition of PROPAGANDA

capitalized : a congregation of the Roman curia having jurisdiction over missionary territories and related institutions
: the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person
: ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to further one's cause or to damage an opposing cause; also : a public action having such an effect