cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Super Tuesday

I've been watching how everything has been shaking out. It looks like the non-Trump campaigns have won enough states to keep them from dropping out, which will play right into Trump's hand. The only state Rubio won is Minnesota , which is the candidate that Bruce dislikes the most. Bernie won Minnesota.  Good job, Bruce. 

Speaking of which, Sanders won Vermont, Oklahoma (Good job, Don), and Colorado. The presumptive criminal, Frau Clinton, did well in the other places. 

Trump had a great press conference that made him look presidential.  

Now we will see how Florida and Ohio go, next. 

29 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Super Tuesday

As bad as you want to win for your erstwhile party, why would you be humping for Trump?

All of the credible polls have Rubio and Cruz beating Hillary.

They also show Sanders beating any Republican among Ted, Marco and Donald.

So why not support one of those other two instead of Trump?  Sanders isn't going to get the nomination.  You are backing a rock sure loser.  I don't get it, coming from a party stalwart.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

As bad as you want to win for your erstwhile party, why would you be humping for Trump?

All of the credible polls have Rubio and Cruz beating Hillary.

They also show Sanders beating any Republican among Ted, Marco and Donald.

So why not support one of those other two instead of Trump?  Sanders isn't going to get the nomination.  You are backing a rock sure loser.  I don't get it, coming from a party stalwart.

Because being played like a stradivarius. ILLEGAL aliens. Cheap labor. The establishment needs a stake through the heart. Politically speaking of course.

Highlighted
Advisor

Like everyone, didn't see it coming.

But to my surprise, a credible path for Hillary to 1600 Penn.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Smart pundits are saying that as loose of cannon as Trump is, it`s hard to predict how Trump vs hillary would go.  No doubt Trump would go after Hillary, a good example is Hillary tried going after Trump about being "sexist"..Smiley Very Happy well trump was not afraid and turned tables and hillary spent the next 2 weeks answering questions about Bill`s pecadillos from the 80`s and 90`s  Smiley Very Happy 

Damned McCain and Romney would not attack Obama, they lost.  Trump will attack anyone and it works out.

The question is, why are you liberals so affraid of Trump and doing us this "big favor" by telling us to nominate someone else?   Oh I know, Trump at least promises to kick out 11 million of your undocumented Democrat voters and that is too big of a risk, right?  

Highlighted
Advisor

What will beat Trump in the end against either of the Dem candidates is a basic sense of decency  in the American populous.  People will come out to vote specifically against this unhinged personality. In unprecedented numbers.

The big factor is going to be what that historically high turnout (this show has been way to big and spectacular to have people quit on it in November...much like the viewer rating for the last episodes of MASH, Seinfeld and The Sopranos) is going to do to the GOP down ballot.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I`m not at all yet convinced Hillary and Donald will be the nominees, ultimately.  But assuming they are Trump has made the GOP tent bigger, in past elections many blue collars out there said "a pox on both their houses" Trump tapped into that.  These are people that won`t vote at all if Trump isn`t on the ticket.  The establishment could run Lindsey graham as a "sensible option to Trump" as a quasi-3rd party, but I ain`t so damned sure Trump wouldn`t beat both of them....in a fair contest.  Hillary has her share of "No way, no how will i vote for that crooked B***h" too you know.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

BA, you wrote, "Oh I know, Trump at least promises to kick out 11 million of your undocumented Democrat voters and that is too big of a risk, right? "

I'm being honest here by saying, absolutely no, that is not right. This idea is one of the biggest lies ever promoted by the GOP. If Democrats want to be easy on undocumented workers and families, it is because we see them as humans rather than cattle that can simply be rounded up and sent away. They have lives, mothers, children, husbands, close knit families and are here because they want to do better for their families. We think we have the room and jobs to help them. It's not about votes, never has been and never will be. The GOP can't win them over and that is a huge burr in their saddle, so the answer is deport every one of them and Trump is leading the charge and making a promise he will never come near succeeding as an outcome.

I know you won't accept the truth, but there you have it like it or not. 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I don't see it. I see zero enthusiasm for HRC....... zero. Couple that with many Bernie supporters that will not vote for her. Her hardcore base is probably between 20-30 percent. Along with that, Mr Trump will take it into the gutter and he knows how to operate in that realm, HRC does as well, but the difference is that when he does it his followers love it and it also draws in some of the middle of the roaders, when she does it she doesn't garner more than that 20-30 percent hardcore that would vote for her anyway. She just can't drive the turnout like she needs to,  He does.

Highlighted
Advisor

I run hot and cold on it, day to day.

If Hillary drives a decent turnout it will be an anti-Trump vote, not pro-Clinton.

My thinking turns ugly from there as I do think that it may well turn on tribalism and the extent to which peole are willing to resist ostracism and intimidation. No question that Trump tactics have unleashed brownshirt tendencies (which, as it goes with brownshirts, are totally justified given their burdensome grievances).

Which probably leads me back to despair. The True Believers here aside, I don't have a lot of faith in the courage of the peeps, or their capacity to recognize simple demagoguery.

Which also leads me back to the depressing reality of pinning hopes on HRC.