cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Super Tuesday

@bruce MN wrote:

What will beat Trump in the end against either of the Dem candidates is a basic sense of decency  in the American populous.  People will come out to vote specifically against this unhinged personality. In unprecedented numbers.

The big factor is going to be what that historically high turnout (this show has been way to big and spectacular to have people quit on it in November...much like the viewer rating for the last episodes of MASH, Seinfeld and The Sopranos) is going to do to the GOP down ballot.

There is no decency to Hillary Clinton. That will go down the ballot farther than anything Trump can do.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Mr Trump has made it ok to be a racist and bigot again. It's always been there, just under the surface, now it is boiling over. I know that is hard for people to admit but thet proof is there, whether in the threads and posts of pages like this, or on the periphery of the Trump rallies, or HS basketball games where the predominately white schools are now brazen enough the taunt the more diverse schools with chants of " Trump, Trump, Trump "  and  "Build the wall, Build the wall ".......... All he has to do is flip a few of the swing states in the Midwest and he takes the Electoral College................... and that is very real, the lily white Midwest is the hotbed and it is ripe for the picking.

Highlighted
Advisor

WI seems the poster child. The strongly progressive tendencies were OK back when it was for "us" but when it got framed as those people over in Milwaukee, fergeddaboudit.

That's also Bernie's problem. While his programs address the concerns of working voters far better than Trump's, the Other gets bennies too, which is unacceptable.

So they grab onto the mythological belief that a wall and tariffs will, while Billionaires get huge tax cuts. Oldest bait and switch in the book.

Highlighted
Advisor

I think that viewership of the conventions will be astronomical by historical standards.  Trump is going to have to name a V p and no GOP pol with an interest in their own future as a politician or public servant will take that on.  They will need to find sp rakers who will lay out a platform. Only thing is that Trump in his Press. Conference (unprecedented forum for a victory speech) said "once this is over..."  That could mean that once the primaries are over and he is the obvious nominee you are going to see him spout some of the more liberal stuff that some such has Horton have been telling us about.

i can't stand anything Clinton.  But those millions of Bernbots aren't going to stay home to near the level that disgruntled classic conservative Republicans will, IMO.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Look up a list of those supporting NAFTA CAFTA the TPP I think there might be a "billionaire " or two on the list.  Open your eyes and see it as it is.

http://buchanan.org/blog/the-isolationist-myth-165

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

The Democrats are already exploiting the immigration issue right here right now in these primaries, just look at the "props" behind Hillary at her rallies.  If God help us there`s a "paaaathway to citizenship " and Hil is the president, the Democrats will pander to that base.  Democrats will go to them and whatever Republicans promise, the Democrats will promise that and $1 more..it`s a no win and on crap like that, it`s the one thing Democrats keep their promises on.

Trump won Nevada with 46% of Hispanics, I think that the biggest hoax in history is the line that "To win the Hispanic vote, you have to be for amnesty and open borders"  Some Mexicans have been here a long tong and some came over legally, I don`t think they appreciate illegals coming over and budging ahead of the line and straining this country`s infrastructure anymore than us Gringos do.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I agree with you about Trump winning in a three way race....Trump's demographics of voters are such that he probably does better in a three way race as he has over a third of the population that is so fed up they are going to vote him in regardless of who else is on the ticket.

Putting a RINO on the ballot just pulls more DINO votes away from Hillary. But, if Sanders would win the nomination (about zero chance of that with the way the "democrats" have a totally undemocratic selection process), all bets are off. Sanders could win enough in a three way race to keep the election in play past the end of the balloting.

Maybe it ends up in Congress and we don't have a President until next April.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I was a little bit wrong

Trump actually won only 44% of the Hispanic vote, not the 46% that I initally reported

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/270547-entrance-poll-trump-wins-with-nevada-hispanics

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

BA wrote, "...just look at the "props" behind Hillary at her rallies." I see one sign "Latinos for Hillary."

Below is a link to a Google search for "Hillary Rally"

https://www.google.com/search?q=hillary+rally&safe=off&biw=1280&bih=909&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ve...

What is it I am supposed to see? I don't see whatever you seem to be seeing.