cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: TAPS not working?

Comparing Chicago to Geneva you are just pointing out how Thought And Prayers Strategy is NOT working.

Time to try what other countries show will work.

Honored Advisor

"Thoughts and prayers" are kind of "auctioneer filler words" with many these days "Oh you have cancer? Well you have my thoughts and prayers" Your brother croaked? "You have my deepest sympathy".   Then everyone these days says "Hi! How are you?!?!?"  No one really gives a crap, just filler words to make the one saying it feel good that he said it first and make me feel bad that I didn`t ask them how they are first.  Smiley Happy

But "homicides" some people counted in the list do need a killin`.  Because a bad guy shoots at a cop and the cop kills him, that is a "homicide" and that is a good thing.   Or some punks breaks into a home and the homeowner blows `em away Dirty Harry style, that`s "homicides"and those are good homicides. 

But I hear even liberals on tv say "ElPaso has my thoughts and prayers....and oh yeah, we need to take the guns away too".

Senior Contributor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

Comparing Chicago to Geneva you are just pointing out how Thought And Prayers Strategy is NOT working.

Time to try what other countries show will work.

You mean with extremely strict gun control the USA could be more like Mexico?

Your adherence to a belief in spite of what the data proves is religious.    I'd sooner convince BA that there is no god than dissuade you that gun control in a country like the USA would not work. 

I'm done.

Senior Contributor

And you want to ignore England and Australia.

Who is being selective?

Senior Contributor

So back to the original article BA

If 'Thoughts and Prayers' is just a 'greeting' then it is time to actually DO SOMETHING about your mass shootings don't you think?  Quit just talking and fix your problem of killers murdering 20 people in 30 seconds.