cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: THE $2.00 BILL I TRIED TO SPEND (from an email).

Honestly BA, Icouldn't guess the value of a gold coin. What would one weigh?? I really can't tell you the current gold price. I do know the price for corn beans, farmland, houses in titonka , oil, and the coffee I got a casey's but not gold. Unless it's printed on it, wouldn't know the facevalue either. I will say that I voted for President obama the first time.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

That could be why I`m so screwy, I pay too much attention to precious metal prices and compare them to how many goods they would buy today verses a few years ago Smiley Happy   The way I see it, the price of the US dollar, being ".82" doesn`t mean much because it`s compared to a basket of other world currency of countries that "print" where they can.  So the tide goes down on all currencies equally, that`s why you hear the phrases like "best horse in the glue factory, prettiest girl in the leper colony, cleanest shirt in the hamper" .   But gold is sort of a bench mark, with the exception of it being manipulated since it is traded as a commodity. 

Someone said Behr is paying $255/ton on 3 foot scrap iron, I think since there`s still frost in the ground, I`ll cash in on my "precious" metals today Smiley Happy  I`ve got a couple radiators, hear copper has been going down that price might be interesting http://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=HG    The gurus all say to watch copper for the direction of the economy.  However, last water pipes I put in they talked me into using that "Pex" plastic water pipe, that could have a affect on that demand.

Highlighted
Advisor

I really did get $210/ton for unprepared scrap at manly yesterday. The owner said he was looking for prices to fall very soon. have a good day.