cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Taibbi

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/matt-taibbi/blogs/TaibbiData_May2010/195177/83512#userComments

"The Fox/Rush/Savage crowd in the last 18 months has taken the anti-Muslim fervor that launched a phony war in Iraq, carried George Bush to re-election, and pushed through the Patriot Act, and re-directed that anger at a domestic nonwhite enemy. In doing so they’ve achieved a perfect storm of political cross-purposes: they’ve almost completely succeeded in distracting the public from the real causes of their economic misfortune (i.e. Wall Street corruption), they’ve re-energized a Republican party that was devastated by eight years of Bush-era corruption and incompetence, and, as usual, they’ve made Rupert Murdoch a **bleep**load of money."
9 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Taibbi

Not to mention what it has done and is doing to race relations in your country.

Fear and hate of anyone 'different' seems to be happening more and more.

Highlighted
Advisor

I'm glad you picked that up from the article Canuck. Taibbi displays his fear and hate in the very first sentence of is opinion piece.   As usually happens in such cases, as with ethnic hate, the worse traits are assigned to the opposition and reason goes out the door.  

Taibbi has done some good work in educating the masses on some of the problems that led to our economic problems, but he makes the mistake of taking the symptoms for the disease.    Taibbi is a useful tool for statist, both Republican and Democrat.   He fails to recognize what drives the tea party at the very core, distrust and disgust with our government.

Taibbi ascribes passage of the original Patriot act to the same type of anti muslim fervor we are seeing now, which is very wrong.  The original passage was allowed by the very real fear of terrorism, we had all ('cept 'nox of course) just witnessed 3000 people being murdered.   That is what created the patriot act.   But I'd ask Taibbi, if anti-muslim fervor led to the patriot act, what led Democrats to make the Patriot act permanent?

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

The tea party is responding to ginned up negativity financed by the Koch brothers, **bleep** Armey Fox news and others. This is a prime example of corporate money buying public opinion with a well financed program of distortion. The tea party has never been anything but a tool of the extreme right bought and paid for to try to reestablish credibility lost during the last decade.

@Samnospam wrote:

I'm glad you picked that up from the article Canuck. Taibbi displays his fear and hate in the very first sentence of is opinion piece.   As usually happens in such cases, as with ethnic hate, the worse traits are assigned to the opposition and reason goes out the door.  

Taibbi has done some good work in educating the masses on some of the problems that led to our economic problems, but he makes the mistake of taking the symptoms for the disease.    Taibbi is a useful tool for statist, but Republican and Democrat.   He fails to recognize what drives the tea party at the very core, distrust and disgust with our government.

Taibbi ascribes passage of the original Patriot act to the same type of anti muslim fervor we are seeing now, which is very wrong.  The original passage was allowed by the very real fear of terrorism, we had all ('cept 'nox of course) just witnessed 3000 people being murdered.   That is what created the patriot act.   But I'd ask Taibbi, if anti-muslim fervor led to the patriot act, what led Democrats to make the Patriot act permanent?

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Mr Kraft, the tea party  is a grass roots movement motivated by what they view as over reaching, over bearing government that is going to drive this economy into something like the Greeks are in now. No more, no less. They have been labeled racist by the mainstream Democrats because the mainstream Democrats have nothing to offer but more government and more spending. The tea party was energized because of the government take over of health care and the 1.3-1.5 trillion dollar deficits. They were also energized by the wall street bailout because they see their hard earned money going to pay off the mortgages of the people living in the Hamptons.

Highlighted
Advisor

You simply don't know what you're talking about.

Do you feel the way you do because Soro's brainwashed you?  If not, why do you assume others are so easily brainwahed?

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I urge you to show one example of any tea party endorsed candidate that fails to meet the test as a hard right wing ideologue.. Example in the florida contest where the former health care ceo was nominated after bilking the government of billions of medicare dollars. He lost his job and his company paid over a billion in fines. That the type of wingers you baggers nominate and support.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I merely observe the obvious. People batching about high taxes that don't pay taxes. Or death panel and gov't run health care when they themselves are the beneficiaries. Your people aren't the brights bulbs in the lamp.

Highlighted
Advisor

People batching about high taxes that don't pay taxes

So if I'm not a slave I can't say slavery is wrong?  Not so many lumens on your part maybe?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Got your hard earned money right here:

To repeat::

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?singlepost=21446 79

Notable SNIP:

Everyone is looking for a free lunch, both government and private sector.  PIMpCO's Bill Gross, Geithner, Obama, Bernanke.  None of them want to talk about the fact that the so-called "growth" being boasted about is a damned lie and most of it through the 2000s and a lot of it in the 1990s never happened at all!  That is, we didn't have actual growth, we had leverage expansion, which works the same way as does "multiple expansion" in the stock market - and is equally-unsustainable,

You and other of us gilded investors and free holders are not going to find ourrselves immune. It''s most certainly going to suck ALL of the air out of the room.