cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Tanks and planes to Egypt? Paid for by the American taxpayer?

Was any of this in his 2008 campaign promises?  ...just trying to keep score here.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

See "Ain't nothing new"

Promises to continue US policy and Bush policy? I don't get how that would be a promise. Better left under the rug like it always has been. If you bother to read what I posted above - I think we should quit funding them. I just want you to know this isn't an "Obama thing" but rather a long term committment of all congresses for more than two decades and presidents for more than two decades. We should drop them, but Congress didn't vote that way, did they?

r3020
Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

Note that above I posted a quote from a document. I am sure anyone could find it should they care to read more. I guess people think Obama was the first to prop up Egypt militarily? They obviously don't know much about foreign affairs and their own congress and presidents - republican or democrat. I first learned about the  about the relationship decade or more ago when I visited Ft. Benning and saw all the things that Fuad donated as a "Thanks." There was a large exhibit in the museum that Fuad gave.

But President Obama is supporting the terrorist pharaoh who has taken control of the country.

snip-

State security police fire tear gas at rock throwing protesters on the periphery of Tahrir square, where tens of thousands are demonstrating on the second anniversary of the revolution.

Protesters involved in clashes with police on Qasr el Ainy street - moments from Tahrir Square - say that state security forces have fired birdshot at them, in addition to throwing rocks and shooting tear gas.

Witnesses say the clashes began on the evening of the 24th January when demonstrators attempted to take down a huge concrete wall on Qast el Ainy erected by security forces.

The fighting continued through the night and into the 25th - the second anniversary of the Egyptian uprising in 2011.

Tens of thousands of demonstrators are filtering through to Tahrir Square demanding the realisaiton of the revolution's goals, justice for those who died and an end to the Muslim Brotherhood's monopoly on state power.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContentMulti/63259/Multimedia.aspx

johnaa
Advisor

Yes sir ! ! ! Sure looks like the Islamic Devils have complete control of Egypt ! ! !   Smiley Mad

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Pray tell just WHO did you think was paying for it????????  The Toothfairy???

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

That would explain, all the missing teeth whenever I see a picture of a group of Middle Easterners.

Seriously, though!

I knew that the US would SELL certain armaments to nations that were deemed OK to sell to, but I did not know that they gave the stuff away.

I wonder if I could get in line for a free tank?   I wonder if I could mount saddle tanks to it, and a hitch for the planter.

Faust100F
Advisor

3020 - yep!  The sand fleas will be getting their tickets punched for the fast train to Paradise, thanks to the citizens of the Great Satan.  I mean . . . they have always dreamed of dying at the hands of infidels, now those dreams will come true.  Before this is over they will be wondering in the desert and living in caves.   This is the reason I pay taxes . . . for the defense of this country against those who want to sacrifice their lives to kill an American.  Kinda looks like the boys who fily the drone missions from their little Containers in the Arizona Desert will be shooting fish in a barrel again.  Adios Amigo. John

rawhide
Advisor

you wont need a planter if you practice a little. just shoot your seed in rows from 1500 yards out

r3020
Senior Advisor

@johnaa wrote:

Yes sir ! ! ! Sure looks like the Islamic Devils have complete control of Egypt ! ! !   Smiley Mad

Don't fret Jihad, the brotherhood are mowing em down. Holder probably sent them the guns and ammunition to do the dirty.

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

You weren't aware of the military aid we GIVE to several countries around the world??  I knew NE was a little backwoodsy but I did think they piped TV signals in.  I wish they would stop but then China or N. Korea would start giving them stuff and it would be just that much worse for us.