cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

lol 310,000

https://globalnews.ca/news/3836805/340k-immigrants-per-year-by-2020-government-unveils-new-immigrati...

310,000 for a whole year?  you're kidding me?  That's hardly 1 quarters worth legal immigration to the USA, why is Canada letting in so few?  Fewer than they let in in 1913!

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

ha ha ha

“(The prime minister) has no plan to support the integration of tens of thousands of refugees,” Rempel said during Question Period on Tuesday. “He’s also created massive wait times for everyone else who’s trying to enter Canada by playing by the rules.”

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: lol 310,000

Sam; the population of the USA is 10X that of Canada.

If you check numbers you will find immigration to Canada is double that into the US per capita and other countries like Australia and even Norway are higher than Canada

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

The land mass of canada is larger than the usa.  More room to fit them.  The USA is too crowded already.   Why does canada hate immigrants?

r3020
Senior Advisor

Your leader says all are welcome. I guess your leader goes by a different dictionary than everyone else.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Good Question

All of the disgruntled liberals in the USA, and all of the tides of refugees from all over the world could easily fit in Canada.

If the leadership wants to make a statement welcoming all, they should follow through and take em.

bruce MN
Advisor

Re: Good Question

The bulk of the former are actually quite comfortably settled. More so than the bulk of restless alt-fighters, actually.

That has to be a bit unsettling to a good old country boy “conservative” who only desires an existence void of obligations beyond what he personally determines to be necessary.

I’d be considerably more worried about what a demographic that sits a gnat’s hair away from hooliganism holds for ones future in a society than a bunch of people looking for a better life pose. Those goons are going to be coming around in time, looking for a portion in return for their front work. 

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

New York and California both had over a million leave, and this was before the loss of state tax deductibility for high earners. The two highest earning people I know both changed their tax base to sunny, no state tax , Florida. Maybe the cloister of liberals in the twin cities grows and dooms our state,  or maybe the 97 percent of the land area that is not into stealing other peoples money changes the narrative.

From all the hoopla about the new tax bill, it looks like progressives don't like paying over half of what they make in  federal and state income tax either as California now requires for those making over $400,000. Should see a new wave of migration take place in the next couple of years as people continue to vote with their feet.

Just glad that I don't live in CA, and that MN still has a few breathes of free air left.

Maybe you can get Turbin Durbin to help you hook up with Keith Ellison and see what ideas you guys can hatch. Did Keith ever get his suspended drivers license back, and pay that $18,000 in back taxes? I just wonder what the old deadbeat Keith thought about tax rates, being he didn't pay them and all. Meanwhile, the show goes on and Trump starts year two of a successful presidency.

bruce MN
Advisor

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

did you read the article you posted, and use your keen analytical skills to detect the spin and why it really isn't true, or just go with it?

Thought so.

No wonder Fake news works so well.