cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Tax the rich! tax the rich! 100% above $250,000

Here Walter Williams explains how damned stupid that is...it doesn`t no where near "solve the problem".   Liberals may or may not read it but either their curuit breakers will trip or they will become conservative....I`m betting on their curuit breakers tripping   Smiley Happy

But look, I hate and are jealous of rich people too, I feel you liberal`s pain, but my hatred of rich people doesn`t trump my common sense.

http://www.dentonrc.com/opinion/columns-headlines/20121206-walter-e.-williams-taxing-the-rich-wont-s...

11 Replies
man of steel
Senior Contributor

Walter Williams is a putz

All he ever deals with is facts and realitySmiley Wink

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Walter Williams is a putz

click click click click.....that is the sound of liberal curcuit breakers tripping after being faced with reality    Smiley Very Happy   

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: Tax the rich! tax the rich! 100% above $250,000

liberals as a rule are not cerebral specimens. And those that actually have a marble or two tend to get emotional and just switch off the intellect when it comes to actual issues.

OKdon
Senior Contributor

What a stupid arguement. Just because taxing them 100% would not resolve the budget deficit tjhat is not a solid argument against taxing them more. Taxing million dollar incomes at 40% would not be a painful as taxing a $50k income at 30%. What a shock that taxes might be a bit painful for the affluent. They still start out with all the deductions offer to lower income folks and their SS tax goes into recess at $110K while those that make less than that max pay SS on every earned dollar.

And capital gains income are given preferential treatment over ordinary income.  Those income categories are given preferential treatment because they are job creators that may or may not ever create a job. In fact many of those businesses are intent on lowering labor costs including wages and benefits. Why reward the affluent if they are out to screw over their employees.

Perhaps labor should not be a deductable item unless it exceeds $10 per hour. And anything over $1 million in salaries plus stock options should not be deductable. The way it is the CEO's are rewarded for stiffing those that do the work.

OKdon
Senior Contributor

Warren Buffet can't pay enough taxes to balance the budget. Therefore, we shouldn't tax him at all. Republican't philosophy!

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

So how much more than 100% would you tax them, Shifty?

hardnox
Advisor

You're kind of slow.

Did you have to send an emergency alert to your handlers so they could run something through the crap-o-matic and come up with a straw man you could knock down?

OKdon
Senior Contributor

You need to get off them stupid pills! There is help for you somewhere.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Oh calm down, you will be fine no matter what.

You will also bitch no matter what.