cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Tea party death squads

Under Obama care the government will decide.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: still beats obamo

Wait a minute big mouth.  Some time ago you were blasting Obama for paying too much SS cheques.  Where do you stand on this.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

THAT IS EXTREME BS!!  There isn't anything in the bill that says that.  I have and have had govt insurance for about 30 years and no one tells me who to see nor that they will decide when and where and how I will die.  You find the section on death panels in the bill and post it.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

The government does not have complete control yet.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

What you have had the last 30 years, Schurrbart is not OBAMACARE.  Remember, Nancy Pantyhosey-"We have to pass it to find out what`s in it"?  Well there you go, how else will Obamacare cut costs?  Certainly not giving 95 yr old Granny a new hip.   Oh I know "Obamacare will keep deadbeats out of the ER!!!"  No, Obamacare will create more deadbeats that will live in the doctor`s waiting rooms, getting bandaids for a papercut. 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Prove it! You guys are just pizzin' in the wind. Thank goodness! Because whether you like it or not, as more of the benefits come on line, the more people want it. Your corporate paid politicians couldn't " geter' done"!!

Highlighted

Another similar moment was the wild cheering for Perry's proud proclamation that he had gladly signed hundreds of writs for execution and never had a second thought.

Didn't bother to post because I know that sympathy on the topic is near non-existant here.

But FWIW, I began to get uncomfortable with GWB back in '99 on the Karla Faye Tucker case and the fact that he kinda giggled like a teenage girl about the thing.

I'm not sure if it was right to execute her or not but I'm not comfortable with people who can so quickly and easily dismiss consideration of such a grave moral matter.

A large and vocal minority are seeking just those people.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

That is a really powerful argument. My tax increase will not balance the budget or pay for the elderly health care. Therefore, it is foolish to tax me more because it won't be enough anyway.

Our tax code has been loaded with far too many tax incentives and this is simply one of them that this country cannot afford. This special treatment is given to nearly all business and billions if not trillions of income has avoided taxation. We simply cannot afford this much revenue escaping the system. It's a product of government trying to improve the economy with the tax code and it simply is not working as advertised.

I hire a rather renouned CPA firm in north central Iowa. My taxing philosophy is my own not his. Todays tax code favors folks like you and me and it is not fair by any stretch of the imagination. Quick writeoff is allowing us to deduct expense that have not yet occurred. Your $200K tractor is not worth $0 next year. In fact in a decade it will still be worth something. So It is within my ability to find changes to our tax code that in the interest of logic may not be in my best interest. I think if you would abandon your own self interest, you might even agree. It would not delete depreciation off your schedule F on the 1040. It would merely delay the deduction of depreciation until the actual depreciation occurs.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

You have proven beyond doubt that you have a miniscule understanding of what you complain about.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: dont play stupid

ask ANYONE who works in a er ---you do know what a er is dont you