cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Teacher to student: can't write about Jesus

@Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^) wrote:
He wrote that at 4 in the morning, his time in Oz, so I'm thinking that he is having a grand time with a bottle (or two)!of distilled spirits.
"O, tie me kangaroo down, sport, tie me kangaroo down! ...."

Gouchy isn't a bad guy. He doesn't really believe the stuff he writes, he just wants to mix it up with the conservatives a little. If he was on a site with all libs he would write conservative comments just to get a rise out of them. He takes great pride in his little one liners he thinks is funny. He just having fun. Kind of like the late night comedians but his material is old and worn out.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

4 in the morning is correct. I get up early on Sundays to get my jobs done before church. He thinks my nocturnalness is because of drink but i can assure him i am a teetotaller. Combined with wit and humour it gives me that envious position of picking him off likes ducks in a trap But isn't craig brilliant! He understands the time difference. All that without reading anything I write!!!!!

But don't waste your time praying for me comrade. I can see how it has not benefited you and Craig. I have been living in paradise all my life under no illusion of anything better than it.
r3020
Senior Advisor

@gough whitlam wrote:
4 in the morning is correct. I get up early on Sundays to get my jobs done before church. He thinks my nocturnalness is because of drink but i can assure him i am a teetotaller. Combined with wit and humour it gives me that envious position of picking him off likes ducks in a trap But isn't craig brilliant! He understands the time difference. All that without reading anything I write!!!!!

But don't waste your time praying for me comrade. I can see how it has not benefited you and Craig. I have been living in paradise all my life under no illusion of anything better than it.

Prayer is never a waste of time.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Can you give me irrefutable proof where prayer has personally benefitted you?
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Are you complaining about an assignment to teach young people in this country that there are indeed other cultures in the world and that by learning about them, the level of prejudice and hatred toward these other cultures will be reduced. Is that what you are against or do I have the wrong idea of what you said? And no, I don't think the figure is an exaggeration. Enlighten yourself.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/09/17/us-usa-healthcare-deaths-idUSTRE58G6W520090917
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Now here is a story you can really get your teeth into 3020.

A case where the teacher told the student their religion was stupid.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/17/judge-rules-against-creationist-teacher-who-called-buddhist-st...

The student, known as C.C., was asked by sixth-grade teacher Rita Roark to answer the following question on a test: “ISN’T IT AMAZING WHAT THE _____________ HAS MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” When C.C. failed to respond “Lord,” Roark responded “you’re stupid if you don’t believe in God.” She also frequently denigrated his Buddhist faith, as well as the Hindu faith, referring to both as “stupid.”

When his parents complained to Sabine Parish Superintendent Sara Ebarb, they were told that “this is the Bible belt,” so they should expect to find the Christian God in the classroom. Ebarb advised them that if they wanted an ungodly classroom, they should transfer C.C. to a school where “there are more Asians.”

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

Now here is a story you can really get your teeth into 3020.

A case where the teacher told the student their religion was stupid.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/17/judge-rules-against-creationist-teacher-who-called-buddhist-st...

The student, known as C.C., was asked by sixth-grade teacher Rita Roark to answer the following question on a test: “ISN’T IT AMAZING WHAT THE _____________ HAS MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” When C.C. failed to respond “Lord,” Roark responded “you’re stupid if you don’t believe in God.” She also frequently denigrated his Buddhist faith, as well as the Hindu faith, referring to both as “stupid.”

When his parents complained to Sabine Parish Superintendent Sara Ebarb, they were told that “this is the Bible belt,” so they should expect to find the Christian God in the classroom. Ebarb advised them that if they wanted an ungodly classroom, they should transfer C.C. to a school where “there are more Asians.”

And the judge rules against her. As he should have. She tells a student his/her faith is stupid and she should be fired.

Husker-J
Senior Contributor

Just pointing out that some religions are treated differently than others.

I have no problem with religious studies not being in public schools, but keep them all out, if you do.

Also, even if we just assume your link is correct, and not exaggerating things, your previous statement would only be true, if there were 22 or less days in a year.  Last time I checked, there were more than that.