cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Test for the Republicans?

Yeah, well pick out the ones you want to keep so we know what the plan is.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

this is simple it takes 1.1 gal fuel plus 100 gallons of water to produce 1 gallon of ethanol where do you stand --eliminate it NOW---use lp or natural

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

@r3020 wrote:

Canuck, the only subsidy ethanol receives is a $.46/gallon blenders tax credit. Only in America is not taxing something considered a subsidy.

Well 3020 if I made green widgets and you made red widgets would you think there was no subsidy if I got a tax credit for green widgets and you did not for your red ones?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

@r3020 wrote:

Is not taxing fire wood a subsidy? A real subsidy is a couple of carrier groups patroling the strait of hormuz.

Yes those carrier groups are a subsidy and if I got to sell my firewood for less because I got a tax credit and you had to do without would that be a 'subsidy' when you looked at your bottom line?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

No, that would not be a subsidy, I would be trying to reduce the size of government, have my tax reduced, not have your's raised.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Thank goodness Obama does not have to raise your taxes. Just let the Bush rates expire and Gw Bush raised the taxes. See! My logic is just as good as yours.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

And yours is the truth.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Subsidy!

The word subsidy as I understand it.

sub·si·dy  

–noun, plural -dies.
a direct pecuniary aid furnished by a government to a private industrial undertaking, a charity organization, or the like.

Now why do you have a different definition? USA English?
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

subsidy: In the USA, that which is not taxed.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Wish you well in trying to find that definition in a dictionary, even a US dictionary.