cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Testimony Today

From Dr. Martin Tobin has been nothing short of devastating to the Defense in the George Floyd death case.   

I’ve not been to a lot of trials - but I can’t imagine a more prepared witness than this Dr. was.   Put a fork in this trial - it’s done.....

Jen

20 Replies
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Re: Testimony Today

When a person says, “I can’t breathe!”, they need to be listened to.   How many times, has that statement been made by someone in the custody of police, and they are ignored.  

Dr. Tobin put to rest the myth, that if you can talk, you can breathe.   The “cash cab” guy killed Floyd - no doubt in my mind about that.   It had NOTHING to do with drugs - it had everything to do with a racist Republican cop, showing how tough he was, and draining the life out of a man in his custody.  Protect and serve....is not what was shown by the “cash cab” guy.

Jen

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Have You watched all the body cam footage?

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

next time there is a 270 guy overdosing in a parking light on a Fentanyl/Meth "speedball" I hope they just call up Karen and have her take care of it.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

I have watched all of trial.   I’ve seen ALL the footage of what happened.   I’d like to say the trial can be stopped now, and save a bunch of time and money.   But, I’m willing to see what the defense has.   So far, with the defense saying that the “cash cab” guy was distracted by “an angry crowd”, it doesn’t give much hope that they have much of anything to save the “cash cab” guy.   

Jen

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

So you heard him say "I can't breath" as they were trying to get him into the backseat of the car?

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

But the Branch Davidians, Bundy Guy, Weavers etc. were all just Real Victims who contributed nothing to their own demises?

Let’s see if we can find a common denominator here.........

WCMO
Senior Advisor

Wasn't there also a previous arrest tape where Floyd also used the same or similar phrases, I can't breathe, please don't kill me, and something about his mama?  Haven't watched any of the trial, don't plan to, the toxicology report basically indicated he was a dead man walking.  The other guy that was in the car (the probable drug dealer) apparently won't testify, and he's the only one who really knows how much additional drugs Floyd gulped down when he saw the police coming.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

So - you have Floyd guilty, because of what you “think”.   Figures......

If not for the “cash cab” guys knee on his neck, Floyd would’ve survived the arrest.   That’s what this trial is all about, and what the riots and demonstrations were about last year.   The “cash cab” guy used excessive force.   There is little doubt about that.   The defense is going to use the drugs and the angry crowd as the reason Floyd died.   I doubt that either are going to get any sort of traction.

Jen

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

By the way - only someone stupid would believe Millie’s “cash cab” line.   I’m only using it in my posts, to twist the knife a bit as I stick the knife in on another Republican lie.

Jen