cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

Texas Hold 'em

I just watched 5 minutes of TV poker. Thought came to mind of the "All in" bunch that are enthusiastic Trump backers. No question that they are exactly that. I am trying to envision what the collective action/reaction would be if the campaign were to lose...close, landslide or whatever? Thinking that the effects become local. Running into more and more people by the day who are looking to pick a political fight with absolutely anybody. Not wanting to propose anything, but rather confronting people, demanding that they defend somebody or something As rude, ugly and vulgar as they are how will they be when something they are certain that they have achieved is rejected, if in fact it is. And it may not Bev Could be equally unsettling, whether they win or lose. What has happened is really huge and I don't think the media and the standing elite have really grasped that yet
44 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Texas Hold 'em

I don`t know how a single candidate can be everything to everyone and ever make the country unite again.  The "Schurrbarts" don`t believe that Democrats have gotten any liberaler, that is head in the sand believin`, Democrats have taken a hard left.  In the past whether you liked Gerald Ford or Jimmy Carter..they were about the same, neither cared if you owned a gun, neither wanted to force a bakery to bake a rainbow cake. 

Under Carter or Ford you could remove your hat at a 4th of July parade as old Glory passed by and Democrats and Republicans could eat watermelon together afterwards.   Today it`s dog eat dog, winner take all don`t just defeat your political opponent, but destroy and humiliate him and kill kill kill him!

Perhaps this is one of the many signs of end times where things look so hopeless that the anti-christ appears and seemingly magically unites the country. As it is now half the country is going to "hate November  Har Har Har".   A country can`t surive with half the country digging a hole with the other half throwing the dirt back in.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

if word came from the Democratic headquarters that all democrats should

put on a sheep outfit and bleat all day long, the hairlip would be one of the

first to comply. Absolute parody of a person that you could not even make

up. Hard to believe the guy is for real.

Thats one thing about Republican aligned people....the crate is full of all

sizes and differing beliefs....no one tells them what to think, the group 

think is largely absent.

How the democrats can collectively agree that infanticide is OK, Steve

marrying Adam is great and long overdue, government (that used to be

a tyrannical force that should be kept in check) is now always benevolent

and kind, and all second amendment rights should be suspended, etc etc

befuddles me. I have voted for individual Democrat candidates in the past,

but invaribably lived to regret those votes. Unless a "new" democratic

party emerges, can't ever see myself voting for someone with that banner

again in this lifetime.

r3020
Senior Advisor

I think the all in bunch are the bernie supporters. That's going to be an interesting convention. We now have black lives matters doing their gang sign in the military. Wow.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

BA you said

Today it`s dog eat dog, winner take all don`t just defeat your political opponent, but destroy and humiliate him and kill kill kill him!

Now would YOU vote for someone like that?

Who in this campaign best fits that description?

i know who I think fits it.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Canuck, you`re talking about Trump, what you have to understand is he is being bombarded by the "Democrat media machine".  I can list many examples: MSN is my computer homepage that gives the latest news and in their top stories is at least 1 maybe 2 or 3 negative stories about Trump "Why Trump can`t win" and that sort of crap.   Turn on late night tv talk shows and in the host`s monologue it`s one "joke" after another hateful disparaging remark about Trump after another.  I listen to alot of Public Radio in the tractor and even their shows spend a big portion running Trump down. Just yesterday they ended the show with the question "Who will Trump tap as vice president?" the panel guessed "Dennis Hastert to improve his image...Bill Cosby to help improve his image with blacks and women ha ha ha ha ...oh funny stuff"   But not one damned disparging joke about Crooked Hillary or Sanders or Elizabeth Warren.

That is the fight that Trump has had, not to mention commentators that are normally sensible like George Will doing their level best to take him out.  Billions and billions of dollars have been blown against Trump and so far the people are so angry at the establishment all of that money has been wasted and Trump has been winning.   I mean when Jimmy Kimmel and others use their shows as an "infomecial" against Trump every night, and those with cable tv see Larry Wilcox and John Oliver that are even worse.  Trump punches back and so far very successfully.

I wish this country wasn`t so far gone that I have to vote for Trump, I wish we were back in the 1980`s when I didn`t vote.  Things are so far gone today especially after the 2008 election that Donald trump is the only piece of driftwood to clinge to after the ship wreck.

But no Trump isn`t this "mean person attacking", Billions of dollars have been spent leading you to believe that, the Democrat media machine is in full swing against him.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

No BA it is not 'just the NEWS'

If you listened with a critical ear that was not predjudiced for only one party you would have heard all the crap that Trump has been dishing out against other candidates, groups of people, countries and especially minorities.

He IS a person just like you lambasted in your other post BUT you are going to support him anyway.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I think that a few of the patially decent people left in the Democrat party today justify it by saying "I`ll give the women`s right to abortion even if i don`t agree personally, it`s between her and God" and those people feel smug about their nuanced position.  They can take their "New Living Bible" and say "God is all about love" and with that basterdized form of christianity, about everything is allowed that is under the Sun.  I think alot of these preachers will have to answer for leading the people astray one day.

But those wo`ve taken God completely out of the picture.  Well like don that heard his preacher esentially say `God is a Republican` ..well that was the last straw to assert that God is a conservative, so he chucked the Lutheran church and his preacher in one swoop.  Once you do that, there are no longer any boundaries..and that is what Canuck takes every opportunity to "enlighten" us about.  It`s like Jesus on the mountain and satan offers the world to Him, it is satan`s world to give.  But Jesus famously said "Get behind me, satan".

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Smiley Very Happy  In "real life" you won`t find a nicer, meeker, more milder person than me, I won`t even ask you to pass the salt shaker, I`ll get up and get it myself.  I support the soft spoken Ron Paul and Rand Paul those that speak softly with common sense.  Unfortunately in politics that doesn`t work!  Those with the big mouth get the job and that has been meaning the damned Democrats...they are the loud big mouths.  I guess, I`m one of the apparently many of the frogs in the boiling pot where the water is getting too close to 100ºC and we are scrambling to get out.  Donald Trump is a big mouth, but goll dang it he`s our big mouth!

"minorities"?  shiiiiiiiiiit  Just click on the tv, the only minorities I see are white people.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Re: +1 !!!!!!!

You are one of the nicest people that I have ever met. 

I agree with what you said, 100%+.