cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Thank You.

I would like to give a hearty thanks to the constitution which allowed the gun nuts to have access to weapons like candy. I would also include those who stood up for the 2nd amendment just to keep their weapons because they could.  Thank you also for not have the courage to implement actions to eliminate  the massive ridiculousness of gun ownership in your country. I also pass on my condolences to the loved ones of the 11,000 people needlessly killed each year in your country because of the hideous fools who believe life cannot exist without guns.  I wish good luck on those who haven't got the convictions of their bravado over guns to transmit it to government policy to eliminate such needless slaughter each year.  I have overwhelming pity on you because of the cancer on society which guns cause.  Yet you all do nothing because the boogy man government might come and take them off me.  Hell knows - we might even need them to rid our nation of a unruly democratically elected leader!!!!

A couple of days ago, a your Australian who was living his dream by playing professional sport in your country was shot to death by some young spunky bags of meatmeal. The police report stated the shooter claimed they had nothing to do so decided to kill someone. It would never have happened had he never had access to guns. It is that simple.  This young man had his whole life ahead of him. He had never met the killers, knew their names or seen them before according to his american girlfriend.  Yet some drug crazed nut with access to guns shot him for no reason other than they were "bored".

I hope you wear your gun culture like a crown of thorns but I know you will all dismiss my concern for human life like you disgard empty shells at a turkey shoot. You will also dismiss one man's death as nothing compared to the value of gun ownership. It will never come home to US citizens until the tragic needless death of a family member is experienced.  Whilst I wish the violence would stop I hope you who promote such needless killing for the sake of the 2nd amendment experience such sorrow.  Only then will the worldwide phenomenon of grief be experienced.

32 Replies
cotman03
Senior Contributor

Re: Thank You.

The Aussie athlete's death was a tragedy.  It had nothing to do with gun control, or lack thereof, in this country.  If idiots decide to kill someone, they don't need a gun.  They could have driven over him with a truck and probably gotten away with it by saying he jumped into the road as they passed.  It isn't guns that are the problem here.  I grew up with guns.  I went to school with guns in my truck so I could go hunting after school.  So did all my friends.  We never thought about shooting someone who we felt had done us wrong or just for the hell of it.  It was the same way all over this country.  Society has changed.  All the liberals in the entertainment world, who cry out every chance they get for strict gun control, provide us with an endless supply of movies and tv shows, songs and video games that glorify violence, the use of guns and lack of respect for others.  They don't practice what they preach because they have a lifestyle to maintain and producing that garbage apparently pays well.   Parents these days are more into checking emails, text messages and twitter than they are teaching their kids right from wrong.  If the young men who did this crime are convicted of first degree murder and quickly executed, the death penalty would be an effective deterrent to those who might want to kill someone out of boredom.  Right now, its not a deterrent at all.  Too much time passes between a conviction and the penalty.  The crime is forgotten when the sentence is carried out 15-20 years later.  I think a first and, in some cases, second degree murder conviction, if the crime is done with a gun, should be automatic death penalty and quickly if there is no question of guilt of the convicted.  For you liberals, that would be very distasteful, but it would deter gun crime.  Its not nearly as simple as you think it is.     

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Oh c'mon cotty, sure they could have poisoned him or hauled him to a bathtub full of water and drowned him BUT the chances they would actually do that are pretty slim. They chose a gun because you don't really have to get up close and personal. They don't want to do things like that--the guy might fight back. If they didn't have a gun handy, they wouldn't have killed him in those circumstances. If they had a true argument with this guy or he dishonored their sister or something, THEN they might have killed or tried to kill him any way they could!
cotman03
Senior Contributor

Neither do you have to get up close and personal with a car.  They could have chosen something besides a gun if one wasn't available.  You liberals are so simple minded.  Getting rid of guns is an impossible task first and won't solve the problem of senseless murders in the least.  You can demonize guns all you like but its not the guns doing the killing.  Granted they do seem to be the weapon of choice but the guy who ran over people in California a couple of weeks ago on purpose didn't need one to kill. 

r3020
Senior Advisor

What needs to be looked into is what motivated these boys to kill. The method of killing is not important.

cotman03
Senior Contributor

You completely skirted the issue of punishment for criminals who commit gun crimes.  Why is that?  Liberals want the impractical or impossible.  Getting rid of guns is both and there's no way you can't know that.  Because most conservatives are smart enough to know that and won't attempt it that means people like you have someone to blame for not doing the impractical or impossible.  That's what this is about.....blame.  That's why nothing reasonable gets done with the issue.  Reasonable would be making the punishment so unpleasant that it just wouldn't be worth it.  Take the two young men who shot this man in Oklahoma for no reason......they should both be executed and soon.  Not in 15-20 years.  They said they did it and why.  What else needs to be done?   Add 15 years of hard labor with no parole to anyone who commits a robbery or assault with a gun.  If you shoot someone on purpose as you are commiting a crime or even scare someone into giving you their property with a gun without shooting then you get 15 years automatically added to the sentence with no chance for parole.  You liberals don't really want to talk about that.  Its all or nothing for you so you get nothing and place the blame on conservatives.  You guys are the problem here.     

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I didn't skirt anything. I addressed your premise that they could have killed him by running over him or some other means. I don't want a ban on guns either. I have guns. I shoot regularly. All I want is responsible background checks to weed out the mentally unstable. Bad guys will pretty much always have guns. They are what the police are for. I want to stop people like the Columbine shooters, the Aurora shooter and the Giffords shooter. I don't want it tobe like it is here. Walk in with the money, show a valid driver's license, fill out a few lines on a form, have the seller call in with your SS no. and walk out with a gun or two or three. All that is checked is whether you have an outstanding warrant out. Conservatives don't just want guns to be not taken--they don't want ANYTHING!!!!!
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

THAT GUY WASN'T REALLY INTERESTED IN GETTING AWAY IT BUT THE 3 PUNKS WHO SHOT THE AUSSIE WERE.
jput
Senior Contributor

Dare we break this news to gough.   The photos of those charged with the murder are on the Drudge Report site now.  The two charged with the murder,  well they look like Treyvon Martin.   A third,  charge with being an accessory to murder appears to be white.

It will be interesting to see how the liberals provide their biased slant on this.   "Why those two kids STALKED the white Aussie and shot him, " is what they'll say,  right? 

Nope,  they'll just blame the gun and not the trigger man.   

Maybe it was one of those 1,000 shot magazine "assault" rifles,  yes,  yes the liberals will drone on, "it was one of those MACHINE guns".

Let the games begin.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Did it ever occur to you why I deliberately failed to mention race? I knew full well you would deliver to me the opportunity to once again hear how there is no racism in you. You are so predicable with your pathetic justifications for the needless slaughter of so many people. To those who have the decency to accept such a tragic loss of life, I thank you. To you jput, you are an ignorant buffoon and repugnant comments about liberals and their attitude is nothing short of what I expect. For the benefit of those on here who do have compassion and politics separate, stop making a **bleep** of yourself. You have proven it now. Have a nice day