cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Thanks Obama!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/18/us/abortion-rates-drop-to-lowest-level/index.html

Abortion rate drops to lowest level since Roe v. Wade*. 

Primarily owing to increased access to contraception.

Although some credit must go to beardless virgin incel alt-reich keyboard warriors who make women sick at the thought of carnal congress.

* perhaps before as well- abortion was quite common before R v. W but stats aren't available.

15 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Thanks Obama!

Spoiler
Of course the rates are down. Obama turned all you liberal men gay.
Senior Contributor

whoa wait,

why is it good?

If abortion is just the removal of a clump of cells that is definitely not a living human, why does it matter?

Not having any guiding principles does present problems.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: whoa wait,

Pretty fair chance that the SCOTUS will whittle down Roe and leave more discretion to states. OH may establish Magdalene laundries if it chooses.

And take a contract with a private prison firm to lock those b####es up if they ever come back from Illinois.

Sometimes Liberty requires some authoritarianism.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

quite obviously you can't face the conflict within yourself, be brave.

I'm also authoritarian enough to insist people not kill you.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

This is a car your pack never intended to catch.

It is just conservative fusionism virtue signalling.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Yes Yes, all notice please, I'm signalling my virtue that all think all humans have a right not to be killed and I'm willing to say it.    Look how virtuous I am.

but then, where does that leave you.     Why is it good that there are fewer abortions?

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Gee, I thought you wanted fewer abortions?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I think fewer killed babies is better yes.   Because its the taking of an innocent human life. 

I think its better if fewer people are murdered in general, I don't think it wise to leave it up to murderers to decide the number.   That is your depravity.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

19% say abortion should be illegal in all cases, 29% it should be legal in all cases. 

Like things like basic gun regulation, a small, militant minority continues to dictate the terms of the conversation.

In both- and other fusion matters- the number on the extreme right shrinks slowly, the other end of the spectrum grows slowly.

But the curious thing about conservative fusionism is that it still manages to hold strange bedfellows in a large enough or a minority to be a major force.