cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

Thanks to

Our African American brothers and sisters.

They fired the first shots on Lexington green.

The Republic may survive!
20 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Thanks to

Congratulations. The establishment lives. No one is happier this morning than George Soros. Money well spent. He has another puppet's strings to pull.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

It`s hard to comment without sounds like "sour grapes" but had Moore won, it would`ve divided Republicans even further (not that the R`s had a majority consensus before yesterday).   Since the President endorsed Moore, it`d been preferable that Moore had won, obviously.  Just a warning to President Trump PLEASE STAY OFF TWITTER TODAY...please?  You ain`t gonna do any good.  

bruce MN
Advisor

Getting all the attention he needs without Twitter

hardnox
Advisor

Re: Getting all the attention he needs without Twitter

Perhaps Gannett noticed that opposing Trump has been very good business for WaPo, NYT, CNN.

Not ever sure that CNN ever even earned that perception but Trump kindly gave it to them.

elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

I'm. Moore I think was a bad canidate. In the
Early start there were questions
In the recent past, he had lost a race. And
Things just snowballed
Trump as a hail Mary pass, stomped for
Him.
Moore should had walked away, for the good
Of the party.
Had they had a good person, could have
Been a different outcome.
The Republicans have shot themselves in
The foot.
Get good candidates and you can win..
.that applies to both sides of the fence

Imo
hardnox
Advisor

Yeah, he was always running 10-20% behind where Big Luther would have in the general before the WaPo went down there and made those ladies lie about him.

Moore is a particular standout in that department but there's a strong pattern since 2010 of the extreme elements of the GOP nominating candidates who can find ways to lose in the general.

I'm 100% certain we're going to see that occur in spades in '18 and '20. Even the incumbents and semi-establishment republicans who survive the primaries are going to be bloodied and there will be a lot of rancor left behind.

Katzenjammer12
Senior Contributor

elcheapo has it right.

Katzenjammer12
Senior Contributor

Do you think '18 and '20 will see both main parties putting up more and  more radical candidates?  Maybe so.

But, on the other hand, I bet Cruz doesn't try to run in Iowa again.  Maybe we're going through a process where the whackos get exposed and rejected.  (I really don't believe that, but one can hope.)

bruce MN
Advisor

Cruz is in Texas 

if you meant King, for sure. And will win big again. A special tribe. As rock rubbed as any, anytime or anywhere