cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katzenjammer12
Senior Contributor

Re: Thanks to

No, I mean Cruz.  I mean no longer a viable Presidential candidate for that wing of the party.

When will the smart people get Iowa out of the lead for the nomination process?  It doesn't even help Iowa.  It only helps TV ad income.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Too late ba. He has already tweeted that the election was probably rigged against moore!
Katzenjammer12
Senior Contributor

There is no doubt that intelligent cogitation can be considered vote rigging in some circles - actually in both parties.  Smiley Happy

hardnox
Advisor

For sure.

For the GOP, the most reactionary group since the '20s.

For the D's, most progressive bunch since the high point of FDR's GI Gen kids in the '60s.

And for anyone who's clung to the idea that there is any center left to hold on to, I'm sorry for you.

hardnox
Advisor

Perhaps

but the larger question would be if some state moves to preempt IA's special status- which they accidentally stole from NH when Carter popped out of the pack there in '80.

That would be a pretty good hit for the neoliberal agriculture agenda.

hardnox
Advisor

538- 10/10/10

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/republicans-shouldnt-assume-roy-moore-was-an-outlier/

How the GOP managed to lose a seat where they started with a 30 point natural advantage.

10- the D lead in the generic congressional ballot and polling indicates that Trump barely has 50% approval in AL.

10- the effects of Moore's long history of controversy and the internecine process that got him on the ballot.

10- the effects of the scandals.

Sounds about right to me.

bruce MN
Advisor

Sorry Katz

I obviously didn’t catch your gist.  Since Iowa has been upended as the primary pre-convention event, I didn’t default to the Presidential race.

After the most recent string of events, Ted is going to have his hands full trying to hang on to his Senate seat.  Likely to be challenged by a moderate Republican (Texas was once the most copious producer of them....Phil Gramm, Tom Delay, Louie Gomhert and Cruz be danged) or If comes through that, a challenge from Wendy Davis or a reasonable facsimile.

hardnox
Advisor

Re: Sorry Katz

While I don't find it remotely likely, some people would really like to see Popovich run.

Sort of like Franken in that he's smart enough to get ahead of the curve in no time.

bruce MN
Advisor

Re: Sorry Katz

I believe that I ran that up the pole here some earlier.  Spectacular individual.

There apparently is a young Irishman, name of O,Rourke from El Paso, serving in the U.S. House who has his hat in the ring and is getting considerable purchase.

RJG640v8
Senior Contributor

I was way wrong, figured the good ole boy would be able to hold that red of red seat by at least 10 points. Glad to be wrong ! Restores my faith in our great country .

interesting that 95 % of African Americans went for Jones , a white guy. Heard tell on here recently that they only vote for other African Americans in numbers like that.