cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: The problem with your theory..

@BA Deere wrote:

It is unbelievable the level that liberals will stoop to get more gun control, but to try to make something of a tragedy like this makes me sick.  Liberals say that "only cops and soliders should have guns" well I shutter to think what kind of police state that this country would be if that was the case.

So the 'liberals' are wrong to say society would be better off without guns after an incident like this.

Is it all right for the gun lovers to then insist that they need more guns after this?

Sort of like the kettle calling the pot black isn't it?

Honored Advisor

Call me an "extremist" but if somebody is shooting at ME, I at least want HALF a chance to shoot back.  Oh, they might murder me and that`s cool, I believe in God and I`m getting a little bored down here anyway.  It`s called "checks and balances" Canuck or Mutually Assured Destruction, a armed society is a polite society.

Senior Advisor

Re: ARM the ghetto!

Yep a government subsidized gun purchase for every resident in the inner city. Farmers are already armed to the teeth but there is more risk in Chicago than in Milo but maybe the Milo folks ought to get subsidized guns as well. %00 round clips so that the next guy that attacks Ft hood can kill 400 before he is brought down.

Senior Contributor

More details on shooting

It would seem that the gunman kept shooting, until he was confronted by an armed MP.

Ironically, what finally stopped the 'bad guy with a gun' turned out to be a 'good guy with a gun', or more accurately, a 'good gal'.   According to the story, he was firing at others until confronted by armed guards, after which he shot himself.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/04/03/fort-hood-is-a-gun-free-zone/

FORT HOOD, Texas (CBS Houston/AP) — An Iraq War veteran being treated for mental illness opened fire Wednesday on fellow service members at the Fort Hood military base, killing three people and wounding 16 before committing suicide at the same post where more than a dozen people were slain in a 2009 attack, authorities said.

The shooter apparently walked into a building and began firing a .45-caliber semi-automatic pistol. He then got into a vehicle and continued firing before entering another building.

He was eventually confronted by military police in a parking lot. As he came within 20 feet of an officer, the gunman put his hands up but then reached under his jacket and pulled out his gun. The officer drew her own weapon, and the suspect put his gun to his head and pulled the trigger a final time, according to Lt. Gen. Mark A. Milley, senior officer on the base.

Advisor

Re: More details on shooting

And once again there are pharmaceuticals involved that you'll probably hear very little about.
Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

Call me an "extremist" but if somebody is shooting at ME, I at least want HALF a chance to shoot back.  Oh, they might murder me and that`s cool, I believe in God and I`m getting a little bored down here anyway.  It`s called "checks and balances" Canuck or Mutually Assured Destruction, a armed society is a polite society.

And yet the murder rate, not to mention the death rate, from guns is much higher in the US than in Japan where there are few guns.

Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

@BA Deere wrote:

And yet the murder rate, not to mention the death rate, from guns is much higher in the US than in Japan where there are few guns.

But in this country when some big brute tries to rape a young lady she has the right to an equalizer.

Veteran Advisor

Really now, you are going to seriously try to compare the violent crime rate in an almost entirely homogenous country like Japan with one as ethnically diverse as the USA?

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: That profound statement

Looks like Kraft-y stepped into a big pile of crap this time. Maybe Kraft-y should know what he is talking about before he spouts off. His knowledge of the military is zero to none.

Veteran Advisor

Yes, he could have and I would say that if the gun was his private weapon, then the Army screwed up by letting him keep it when he was undergoing treatment for PTS.