cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

The 2015 Ollie Award!!!

Each year we on the Ag Forum meet to recognize the important contributions to insanity in the right wing for the annual Ollie Awards. This year has seen some fantastic performances by a star-studded cast of potential Ollie recipients. The Ollies are given each year to the most outlandish right wing dribble spewed forth without thought or reason. The nominees must put John Birch to shame. Now is the time for nominations.

Please provide your nominee and one quote that you believe qualifies the honoree for the 2015 annual Ollie award.

This years nominees are:

At the end of the nominating cycle, I will call for votes. Anyone can vote, even nominees. The winner (or whiner) gets the coveted Ollie award. Nominees will be taken until Friday December 18th. The voting and announcement of the winner will be on December 21st, which is befittingly the shortest day of the year and the winter solstice.

47 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: The 2015 Ollie Award!!!

My Nominee, Red Steele for "if a democratically elected country can possess tanks, airplanes, missles, etc.....it's citizens should be able to own these tools also."

Highlighted
Advisor

How about the guy--I can't remember his name-- that said and I quote  "If you like your policy you can keep it, Period."

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

That would be 20 and he says it over and over!  He is a very worthy candidate for an Ollie.  His contributions are far too numerous to list!

Highlighted
Advisor

I saw this guy on TV

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

My Nominee, Red Steele for "if a democratically elected country can possess tanks, airplanes, missles, etc.....it's citizens should be able to own these tools also."

Hands up don't shoot.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: You Have 2 Much Time On Your Hands, Ben

"If you tax something, you'll get less of it", ~ Don Kraft. 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I'm not sure he actually posted that here on the Ag Forum Rawhide. But you could nominate someone here who said that, but I am  not sure it is right wing??? Whatever the people say goes.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Though I agree 3020 is an outstanding candidate, a quote is required for nomination. I am sure he is proud and you might ask him for his best quote.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I was having a lot of trouble deciding which 20 quote was really worthy of an Ollie when I saw the following:

The 2015 Knapper Award
Options
12m ago

Each year we on the Ag Forum meet to recognize the important contributions to insanity in the left wing for the annual Knapper Awards. This year has seen some fantastic performances by a star-studded cast of potential Knapper recipients. The Knappers are given each year to the most outlandish left wing dribble spewed forth without thought or reason. The nominees must put George Soros to shame. Now is the time for nominations.

Provide your nominee and quote's that you believe qualifies the honoree for the 2015 annual Knapper award.

This years nominees are:

At the end of the nominating cycle, no one will call for votes, because this is just too stupid, but anyone can vote, even the nominees. The winner (or whiner) gets the coveted Knapper award. Nominees will be taken until March 29th. The winner would be announced on April 1st, which is befittingly the fools day of the year.

I hereby nominate Edmund55.  He managed to not only make a quote, he plagerized it to boot!!  His total lack of imagination in doing nothing but changing a name.  It shows most of the aspects of rightwingerdom in their finest or worst I should say.