cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: The 2015 Ollie Award!!!

@KNAPPer wrote:

Though I agree 3020 is an outstanding candidate, a quote is required for nomination. I am sure he is proud and you might ask him for his best quote.

Bruce Jenner is a girl and needs to use girls restrooms and showers.

Highlighted
Advisor

Uncharacteristically, I'll demur in singling anyone out in particular and take on an issue instead.Regulars know the players anyway.

Radical climate science denial seems to be the most singular marker. It doesn't matter if consensus hit 99.9% on the matter because it doesn't have anything to do with facts one way or the other, it's about the war against the other tribe.

And regardless, the closest, cheapest, easiest to extract deposits of fossil fuels are severely depleted and sometime soon the second tier of resources is also going to peak.

We're heading toward a post-oil world anyway, the question is whether we try to get a little bit ahead of it. This (probably) last surge of nature's one time gift should be being spent on the replacements.

I'll continue to maintain that the conservative position is that we might want to leave some of that stuff for future generations. One way or the other we're going to burn vast amounts of the stuff even during an ideal transition. There is unique stuff they're going to need the remant for such as chemical feedstocks and agriculture, which is a fairly important human activity.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

" BA is the most honest person on this site " - 3020

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

3020 actually said that quote.  Obama only said the first 9 words.  What makes that quote notable is the fact that it is meant as a slam on the ACA but in reality, there is nothing in the ACA that says you can't keep your policy or your Dr for that matter BUT there also isn't anything in it that stops you insurance co.or your Dr. From dropping you.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Thorium!

hardnox wrote:

We're heading toward a post-oil world anyway, the question is whether we try to get a little bit ahead of it. This (probably) last surge of nature's one time gift should be being spent on the replacements.

I'll continue to maintain that the conservative position is that we might want to leave some of that stuff for future generations. One way or the other we're going to burn vast amounts of the stuff even during an ideal transition. There is unique stuff they're going to need the remant for such as chemical feedstocks and agriculture, which is a fairly important human activity.

I have been saying on here, for years, that the most plentiful ,available ,affordable form of energy is that of Thorium. There is at least 32,000 years worth of Thorium available. 

Every city block could have its own Thorium reactor. No more power grids, no more being held hostage to energy suppliers. 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Since you have the passion and obvious intellect, why haven't you built your own Thorium reactor yet?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Ollie has been on tv?  How did you know it was Ollie?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

Since you have the passion and obvious intellect, why haven't you built your own Thorium reactor yet?

The Central Controling Fascist Powers would have us arrested if they thought that we were working on such technology. 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

You are correct sir. Accepted.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

There are already Thorium reactors built--not many but a few so why would you be arrested?