cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Math

Whose money do the farmers get every year?
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Bruce will yell at you for not reading the article.  The premiss was that no employment would be available,  therefore people would need total support, which is why i used 30k.

I think from your response (landlords) that you agree that anything handed out in mass would simply be added on to the cost of living.  Anything that people need to live would rise in price.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Obvious that neither of you read it

I think what the progressives dont like about the plan is that by just giving it to everyone it removes the ability to reward constituencies and control people. 

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Obvious that neither of you read it

Lost in this is the hard fight being fought in D.C. by prominent baggers such as Ted Cruz, who protends to be a champion of the little people (at least the white evangeleicals amongs the little peeps) against net nuetrality.  BIg campaign bucks available from these tech firms for making the net a pay hole.

Highlighted
Advisor

I'm sure that they'd like this better

Highlighted
Advisor

Problem is that the financializers, I beleve the trendy term is he "rentiers", need to keep those 4 years schools up and running, tuition high and the taxpayer doling out loans...at huge subsidized guaranteed levels of profit for crony banks to anybody that can get admitted..,,,which is easier to do than it has ever been.

And I can only imagine how in this current crop of children raising schildren the Mommies and Daddies will react when it's not their kid who gets into vet school at 18, after all they've invested (emotionally and in the brain eating act of rationalization) in that result.  Bad enough having spent thousands on 8 years of basketball camp and the kid not being able to dribble and being pissed because he isn't getting game minutes.  After "all we've done". All of "the right things".....