cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

The Ag Forum Psychiatric Index

I check in on you guys from my phone and the post index doesn`t show the author, but I can correctly guess the author just by the title, not that i`m that good it`s just obvious as to who will post what.  I`m gonna pick on a poster a little here because he`s a prime example of a melt down on the election of Trump.  Nox, has been what I would/would`ve called a "smart liberal" he know alotta stuff, unfortunately draws the absolute wrong conclusion from all he knows. he can argue all the live long day with his set of facts that Bush and Cheney were in on the 9/11 attacks..stuff like that.

In the past he acted almost apolitical, running down the "Clinton Bush crime family" in recent months he`s removed "Clinton" from the "Clinton Bush crime family" and now giving the credit to Reagan Bush for running drugs out of the Mena, Arkansas airport.  I suppose reading solely Talking Points Memo and Media Matters eventually wears down even a good man.

But post after post running down Trump even bleeding into what is considered the more "sane" pages of Ag.com.  But everyone just needs to chill out!  Trump hasn`t even taken office yet, believe me none of your lives are going to dramatically change...homosexuals will still be getting married, social security checks will still be coming out, the national debt will still be yuuuge, but believe me under Trump it won`t double as it has in the past 8 years because that will be financially impossible.

But the election of Trump has been so traumatic with Nox that he has resorted to calling names, that is sad, I thought Nox to be a fairly nice guy and thought him to be above name calling.

22 Replies
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: The Ag Forum Psychiatric Index

You say 'Trump hasn't even taken office yet and nothing will change'

Interest rates are rising already because of Trump's plan to cut taxes and increase spending (BTW I thought all you Republican supporters were against increasing spending) and hate crimes are up even in Canada.

The changes are already happening.

Are you ready?

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Canuck, the fed has been telegraphing for years now on the desire to raise rates, at 0% they have nothing in their toolbox.  Obama`s economy has had a unprecidented bennefit of 0% interest...has there ever been a 8 yr period of 0% rates?   And for everyone it "helps" think of all the retired savers that are forced into the risky stock market just to get a measely 2% return.  I borrow money and like cheap interest, but everyone knows it can`t last.  BTW the fed did raise rates 1/4% about a year ago UNDER Obama.

How is Trump responible for crime in Canada???? you have the limp wristed, heart throb Trudeau as prime minister leader, can`t he keep you rowdy Canadians in line?

But here is an example, one of many many hate crimes:

http://wtop.com/montgomery-county/2016/11/trump-supporter-15-beaten-during-rockville-protest/slide/1...

gurly3801539
Advisor

The US has spent more than is taken in for many years, I think that blaming Trump at this point is an excuse.  Hate crimes are up in Canada because of a US President Elect? Would Canada be flooded with charitable foundations if Clinton had been elected?  I know there would be all kinds of claims and blames had Clinton been elected but lets all settle down and see how it goes.Smiley Happy 

bruce MN
Advisor

Why won''t it double? Or worse? Do you seriously think that anything coming our way will be built on conservative principles?

Here is your swamp being drained. Trump's crony capitalist infrastructure plan with tax cuts will be like Bush/Cheney's 2 wars with tax cuts on steroids. Only sticker might be the Chinese govt. calling him up again and saying "you ain't gonna do it, because we're not going to underwrite it":

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/donald-trumps-great-bait-and-switch
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Really? It could go to $40 trillion or worse???  Bruce, we`re already +105% of GDP..wasn`t Greece something like 130% of their GDP?  Who would or even COULD okay that debt?...there isn`t even that kind of money in existance.

IMO the only way out of this is a good old fashioned debt write-off the president that once does that is going to be a hero and I can`t think of a better negotiator on our behalf than Trump..but maybe that`s why you guys are so antsy, because as a hero, Trump could get common sense conservative programs through with his political capital.

But to get to the write down point, all things have to be attempted such as end carried interest, bring back the Trillions in off-shored money, tariffs and just plain try to "grow our way out" .  short of a debt write-off, growing our way out is the only option.  Don`t think it`ll ultimately work, but has to be tried.

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

"Beware the semi-erudite who thinks he is an erudite."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-09/nassim-taleb-explains-who-just-got-buried

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Pointing out there is a rat in your barn is not running down the rat.

hardnox
Advisor

Mena was a Reagan WH operation, period, end of story.Well established historically, as compared to all the conspiracy theories that your trusted sources whisper about.It is possible, and likely, that Clinton "wisely" took CIA warnings to look the other way.

The operating assumtion seems to be supported by what can be seen- in all likelihood it was highly compartmentalized and Reagan never really knew anything by design, but Bush was the contact man with North. That's speculation but reasonable speculation.

The GOP pretty much went directly to whackoland via the canonization of St. Ronald of Hollywood. Like the quaint example above, you are unable to comprehend that he plays a very large role in how we got to this "things can't get any worse" world.

Not altogether his fault, as it is complicated. I guess if you want to blame Reagan it would be that he was too good of an actor (not a charge he often got) and made people believe passionately in the parts that were BS.

Now I'll await the BA two step which will involve some convolution to arrive back at the place where Good people deserve thier entitlements.

hardnox
Advisor

It isn't possible to have a conversation with somebody who can throw out all sorts of talking point numbers but always uses them to arrive back at the same place.