cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: The Ag Forum Psychiatric Index

BA it is not the Fed I am talking about or the Bank of Canada interest rates but rather the rates charged on mortgages, especially long term mortgages as the banks forsee inflation and rising rates for them brought on by more tax cuts combined with more spending so they are raising rates to borrowers in Canada to protect themselves and their profits.

Funny how that works when you take in less money and spend more.

Good for the elites though as they will pay less tax and have more business to make all the money on.

Win, Win for the capitalists while the workers suffer from rising rates probably with stagnant wages.

hardnox
Advisor

Of course labelling it as the Bush/Clinton Organized Crime Family was only so as to avoid hurting tender sensibilities.

As their initial confluence occurred during the Reagan Crime Wave (still by far the admin with the most ethcs convictions) the it really should have been known as The Reagan Crime Family. 

As far as my position on Ms. Clinton I don't think that my position could have been clearer, going back to the early primaries.

But I'm still entirely comfortable with having voted for The Crook vs. the bait 'n switch Fascist. It really wasn't a hard choice when confronted with the truthiness of his supporters.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

gurly; Canada has its share of bigots and racists but since your leader has been spouting hate of different groups there has been an increase in hate crimes in Canada and another increase since Trump won the election.

His bigotted and hate speeches have given that element the permission to come out of the dark corners they usually inhabit and spout their hatred in public.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I`ve been very critical of St Ronald Reagan, never heard of the damned Walmart until Reagan, he through amnesty and free trade was the first snowball roller that got us to this new world order globalism.  As far as Mena involvement, I really don`t know, but wouldn`t put it past Bush#41 and Clinton.  This is off in the weeds though, the Bob Woodards, Peggy Noonans and Doris Kearnes Goodwins would not acknowledge any of it.  But that doesn`t mean it didn`t happen, however until it`s mainstream it`s just my IDEAS verses your IDEAS.

A year ago, 3 and 5, you`d talk about the "Bush Clinton crime family" recently in the heat of THIS election, you seem to absolve the Clintons of any wrong doing with Mena...oh now you`re down to "Bill Clinton was convinced by CIA to look the other way".  You`re practically making the Clintons as heroic for "trying to do good amongst the corruption".  "This election" you must`ve really come to the conclusion that "Hillary is the lesser evil" and you really bought into it, that is why you`ve taken this loss so hard and given up on civility. 

I don`t trust any politicians...and now Trump is a "politician" but was do you call a non-conforming politician?  A "dead person" ie JFK.   Trump is probably the best we can do, my .30 06 is safe another 4 years anyway. 

hardnox
Advisor

The funny thing is that you live in such a tiny echo chamber that you don't recognize that whatever points you thought you were making, you absolutely negated them with your close.

There is absolutely no evidence that anyone was even faintly interested in taking away anyone's* legitimate sporting weapons or that they could legally.

That's why I regard you as a dangerous idiot and hate your guts.

The two most common paths to becoming a RW nut are guns and abortion. 3020 entered via the latter.

*assuming you're not a felon, subject to a temporary protective order, etc.

Scalia wrote the opinion that says that there very well may be certain weapons of such extreme lethality that they should be controlled and that the 2nd Amendment didn't proscribe waiting periods, registration of sales etc.

But in the fevered swamps of gunland, even that is too far.

gurly3801539
Advisor

Canuck, in many of your posts in the past you hint that we in the US think more highly of our influence and place in the world than we should, and it's likely we do.  Now you say a person who has not yet even taken office is influencing people of your country.  Maybe Canada is also hitting a boiling point as much of the world is.  I am neither a Trump nor Clinton fan but he is our President Elect so I am going to give him a chance.  Remember eight years ago the US wouldn't last four years with President Obama in charge,  some how we made it through eight and are still rollingSmiley Happy

r3020
Senior Advisor

It is the federal reserve that sets intertest rates.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

gurly; we have our share of bigots and racists but all the publicity around Trump and his biggoted and racist speaches have given those with that thinking to come out of the woodwork here too, especially since he won the prize, if not the election and like you point out is what you have to live with for the next 4 years (unless of course he ends up in jail OR someone follows his suggestions and uses their weapons to change things that they do not agree with)

Yes because a con man spouting hatred and discrimination won the president seat has made some politicians here think a similar type of campaign might work here too.

At present we have a candidate trying for leader of the Conservative party putting similar things out.

Fortunately our election system is unlikely to ge that kind of candidate elected to the Prime Ministers position but the influence of your leader has started some trying that.

I was never one to say that Obama would not be able to carry out the duties properly and am surprised he was able to do as much as he did with all the road blocks the Republicans put up.

He did have the majority of the people voting for him though.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

There are Democrats (and a few Republicans) that would love nothing better to take away every gun humanly possible from the public....look at gun laws of Skokie, Illinois & Washington DC and Diane Feinstein`s proposals for proof, liberals want that nationwide.  But to you it`s more important to elect politicians that will punish economically your BTO neighbor and your college roomate that`s a doctor and married the homecoming queen than protecting the 2nd amendment.  So, we`ll just have to agree to disagree.

I don`t know if Trump is a trojan horse or the real deal, he says the right things and the more I see of him the more he come`s across as the real McCoy...but we won`t know for sure or maybe his presidency will be sabotaged.  You pulled the lever for Obama and for Hillary, you truthfully can`t tell me you knew how she`d turn out, you were rolling the dice.  You liked what she said and I didn`t so there you go.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Maybe in your country but here the Bank of Canada sets rates in general but each bank or lending institution sets the rates that they will loan money out to the consumers and they do not stay lock step with the Bank but set them according to what it costs them to borrow their funds. Bond market is part of their influence no matter what the Bank of Canada might do.