cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsbs
Veteran Advisor

The Age of Fakeness

Seems like everywhere we turn we see non credentialed people and organizations making false claims. I don't need to say anything but "fake news" and you all know what I am talking about there.

But how about the other fakeness we encounter each day? What about uneducated people taking the place of accredited teachers and teaching our young ones, something to save our school districts money?

What about the new breed of minister, sure they get an "ordination" but they are not versed in Latin, they probably in most cases cannot even recite the books of the Bible, and their sermons and lifestyles are a joke, to put it in family friendly language. Look at the trappings this guy without any ordination has amassed:

The Most Expensive Things Joel Osteen Owns (nickiswift.com)

Last year, as a New Years Resolution I resolved to follow the teachings of Jesus when it comes to worrying about money and things, and for the most part I believe I successfully navigated a difficult 2020.....and thanks to a little luck, Syngenta, Bayer, and Donald Trump...it seems that the extra funds came in everytime the checkbook was a little short.

This year....2021....I am going to try to avoid fakeness.....going to find a church with a real minister....going to make sure my kids have real teachers....and going to congregate with real people, and avoid the fakes.

Going to ignore the fake president, too.

Hope you all have a very good, and very real 2021!

7 Replies
Packard27
Senior Contributor

Re: The Age of Fakeness

Rule #1 for 2021

Even if the NYT along with the combined news staffs of ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, PBS, Fox and the Washington Post all report that your own mother loves you, make inquiries with your siblings, your father, your childhood neighbors, and your extended family members just to be sure.

Deo confidimus...everyone else, however...

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Lol.

As the dream of having a fake billionaire, fake Christian, fake patriot, fake human being as your dictator for life fades.

bruce MN
Advisor

Kids going to Grad school?

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Speaking of credentials, was just thinking the other day what a blessing it is to have a single go to place to get the real skinny from people who flunked freshman biology and senior government.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Packard,

"In God We Trust...All others pay Cash!" I love the businesses that have that up.

One thing I never did doubt was my mother and father's love.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Interesting thoughts Red and a good start for the new year.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

talk about fake

Destroy the culture destroy the people.  

https://amp.dailycaller.com/2021/01/01/proposed-house-rules-gender-terms?__twitter_impression=true 

The Rules Package for the 117th Congress includes a proposal to replace gendered language referring to a representative’s family members with gender-neutral terms, House leaders announced Friday.

Democratic California Rep. Nancy Pelosi and Democratic Massachusetts Rep. James McGovern, chairman of the Rules Committee, announced changes to the House rules that will “honor all gender identities” by modifying the pronouns and familial relations references in the rules, the Committee on Rules announced.