Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: The American Security State

gough whitlam Senior Contributor
1:20 AM
Red Steele Advisor
Feb 25
We need Americans that have the courage that we see around the world....an army to rally around the Pauls to protect them from assasination so that we can get back to being a free people.

What part of your life is not free? Surely you are still not sulking over the election or preparing for the hordes of communists taking over the country. Huh?

Hey knucklehead. How about an answer. I can't wait for another whack at you or are you still licking your wounds.

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: The American Security State

If you're carryin' legal I don't think there's anything to stop you from signing up.

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: an inconvenient bit of history

Worth noting that the Reagan cabinets were very heavily populated by creatures of the Deep State- Casey, Weinberger, Schultz, Baker, GHWB.

And in what surely must have been a more inocent time, chased incessantly by the "liberal" press.

Highlighted
Advisor

Yowzers.

As a Democrat...the olld fashioned, non neoliberal/Clinton/Mcauliffe kind......who is deeply dissapointed in the Obama Administration, upon seeing those horrific names from the dawn of the decline and ultimate surrender of an Everyman America i suppose one can take some relief from names on doors in D.C. like Hagel and Yellen.  I'd have hoped for Hightower at Ag and Nader at Energy or EPA but I guess that the former will  have to do as some small bits of consolation.

Yikes...seeing them all listed together.  Baker alone enough to bring on the hives. Dangerous ,sniveling, narrow between the eyes guys who'd make Cheney and Rumsfeld look like Haight Ashbury hippies.

Highlighted
Advisor

Also fair to say that WJC made himself a very valuable asset to the Deep State while governor of Arkansas.

The great question that I've never been able to answer is why the Deep State overthrew one of their own, GHWB, in favor of WJC. My own opnion, and it is jsut that, is that Clinton was extremely adept at using his knowledge as power and was probably more willing to promise more delivery to more players.

GWB- family business and it really moved into overdrive. "Nuff said.

Obama, as I've generally contended was always clearly well vetted but clearly second choice- HRC was the obvious first choice.

Obama later came into his own, was given "Bin Laden" and re-elected.

2016- Jeb versus HRC. Family business, both sides.

Highlighted
Advisor

Needing to give 15 months ahead pre-props to the baggers.  The genuinely liberal,  progressive wing of the Democrat Party will stand aside and let neoliberal HRC happen, uttering nary a peep because Joe and Mika and David  Gregory and Charlie Rose might spill the beans that there actually are some left leaners remaining in the party, and pitifully saying that  she'll at least be better than whomever it is the the GOP puts up.(ala Obama, stage 2).  On that other side, the baggers simply "won't have it" in the socially and culturally moderate Jebster. Not a chance.  Gotta hand it to them.  Walker likely, Rand maybe.

Did you know that his big brother has taken up portrait painting? Maybe those articles that were floating around about him being a closeted gay man with his use of affectionate names for his male staffers had something to them.  If Abbott wins in Texas, Nugent will be freed up to work on a National Campaign for one of those guys.

Highlighted
Advisor

Yeah and of course those players were already in place, Bechtel, KBR (Halliburton), Casey and the Wall Street revolving door with the old OSS/CIA. But that seems to be the point where they really started running the show- no doubt in my mind that those are among the outfits that Ike was referring to in his parting warning to the nation.

Some new players now, Booz Allen, some of the think tanks etc.

A grand strategic vision. Dispose of the sclerotic old Soviet Union then metamorphose into a hyperstate that has full spectrum dominance- be paid for gaining more power, then use the power to obtain more power and money. Rinse, repeat.

It's a dark, evil vision for the future of mankind.

Highlighted
Advisor

Pretty sure you're right about the dems.

I was pondering the Rand thing (love the thought, the Christian Party running a candidate who was named for a major anti-christian novelist) and I'm nowhere near committing, but this was my thought process.

First of all I won't vote for HRC no matter what. And I won't publicly support Rand because what a lot of his supporters believe is offensive to me. But I was thinking that real change is never going to come from the shrinking middle class as long as they're still getting some crumbs and are more interested in not being "those people."

So I'm thinking it is time to throw all the lazy bums off welfare. My thought process is that it may have a salutory effect on their character, as advertised. I'm just thinking it might not manifest as some expect.

Highlighted
Advisor

If you don't tink Hillary was the first choice, think back to New Hampshire.

IT was fun to watch the TV talkers backpedalling about how all of their pre-primary and exit polls had never been anywhere near that wrong before.

Final conclusion was that peopel swong at the very last moment because she cried (she can cry out of either eye, one at a time, quite a feat to do both at once).

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@hardnox wrote:

Yeah and of course those players were already in place, Bechtel, KBR (Halliburton), Casey and the Wall Street revolving door with the old OSS/CIA. But that seems to be the point where they really started running the show- no doubt in my mind that those are among the outfits that Ike was referring to in his parting warning to the nation.

Some new players now, Booz Allen, some of the think tanks etc.

A grand strategic vision. Dispose of the sclerotic old Soviet Union then metamorphose into a hyperstate that has full spectrum dominance- be paid for gaining more power, then use the power to obtain more power and money. Rinse, repeat.

It's a dark, evil vision for the future of mankind.

Let's reward their behavior and give them the power to run our health care system.