cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

The Arizona bill.

Governor has a big decission in the next few days if she should sign a bill that allows businesses to refuse service on the basis of religious grounds.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02/25/ariz-bill-allowing-owners-to-deny-services-based-on-relig...  

My thought is, should then also a Black caterer be forced to serve dinner at a ku klux klan cookout?  Should a holocaust survivor`s family that are also photographers be obliged to take photos at a nazi themed wedding?

And all the drainage tilers say that they are "too busy" to come out and tile my back 80, I really think they are discriminating against me.  Smiley Happy

As one of the readers in the above link`s comments says `make it against the law to refuse service but the fine is $1...problem solved!"  Smiley Happy

54 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: The Arizona bill.

I just knew you and some of the other mental midgets would be supporting this!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Looks to me if the Governor signs the bill, it would be an opening for the gay crowd to open up businesses for just the gay crowd. Huge business oppurtunity for them.

http://www.russellmoore.com/2014/02/23/are-christians-hypocritical-on-weddings-and-conscience-protec...

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

How about I kick your daughter out of my cab I am driving if she is NOT a virgin and unmarried or maybe has gotten a divorce due to my " Firmly Held Religious beliefs ?  This Law will ALLOW that !!!

No Law is needed, Just put that little fish sign in your window and the gays will be happy to steer clear of that business. But, no the Radical Christinas arent that brave as it means ALL decent people would avoid them and they'd be broke.

Brewer is kinda nuts, but even she isnt dumb enough to sign it.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

NFL: We Are Watching Arizona

"Our policies emphasize tolerance and inclusiveness, and prohibit discrimination based on age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other improper standard. We are following the issue in Arizona and will continue to do so should the bill be signed into law, but will decline further comment at this time." - NFL spokesman Greg Aiello 

NO SUPER BOWL for you  !  You Right Wing Fantatic NUT JOBS   !!!!!!!!!

And this :

83 Companies: Veto The AZ Hate Bill

AZlist.jpg

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: NFL: We Are Watching Arizona

Pat Buchanan's take on tolerance.

snip-

Examples of intolerance provided by the Times:

“In New Mexico, a photographer declined to take pictures of a lesbian couple’s commitment ceremony. In Washington State, a florist would not provide flowers for a same-sex wedding. And in Colorado, a baker refused to make a cake for a party celebrating the wedding of two men.”

The question Gov. Jan Brewer faces?

Should Christians, Muslims, Mormons who refuse, on religious grounds, to serve same-sex couples — that photographer, that florist, that baker, for example — be treated as criminals?

Or should Arizona leave them alone?

“Religious freedom,” said Daniel Mach of the ACLU to the Times, is “not a blank check to … impose our faith on our neighbors.”

True. But who is imposing whose beliefs here?

The baker who says he’s not making your wedding cake? Or those who want Arizona law to declare that either he provides that wedding cake and those flowers for that same-sex ceremony, or we see to it that he is arrested, prosecuted and put out of business?

Who is imposing his views and values here?

What we are seeing in Arizona in microcosm is what we have witnessed in America for half a century: the growing intolerance of those who preach tolerance and the corruption of the concept of civil rights.

http://www.humanevents.com/2014/02/25/how-freedom-dies/

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Mr PAT - I- Love- Vladimar -Putin  BACHANAN is your go to guy on Tolerance ???????

WTF are you smokin JACK ? 

Thats like asking Satan if HELL is really all that Bad.

Dyyyyyyaaaaammmmm. BOY   -  Get REAL  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Contributor

Why would you want someone to bake a cake for your wedding who doesn't want to?  Wouldn't you wonder if they added extra ingredients?  Wouldn't you want to find a gay cake baker to give your business to?  I think these people are just a bunch of belly achers who want to cause trouble.  Hurting someones feelings is not discrimination.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@NewAgJudge wrote:

Mr PAT - I- Love- Vladimar -Putin  BACHANAN is your go to guy on Tolerance ???????

WTF are you smokin JACK ? 

Thats like asking Satan if HELL is really all that Bad.

Dyyyyyyaaaaammmmm. BOY   -  Get REAL  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a hate filled post.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Yes, this whole ordeal is a crock just designed to divide the country even further.  Groucho Marx said "I wouldn`t belong to a club that would have me as a member.",  as a waiter when he was young Jesse Jackson routinely spit in the food of white patrons.  I don`t see how alot of this gets regulated and enforced.

If a cab refuses to pick someone up, the driver could easily say "I didn`t see him there" or "I was on my way to the airport to pick up a fare".  With catering businesses and such they many times have "2 prices" a high price that they won`t come down from if they are "too busy" ....so I think this is all about stirring a hornet`s nest and of course weilding power and giving decent people the "finger". 

It would seem to me that if someone is in a service business, they are there to make money and 98% of them will suck it up and do their job and take the check to the bank, go home take a shower and pour themselves a double Scotch.   Smiley Happy