cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: The Arizona bill - Sam

"If  the govenment can force you to bake a cake for someone it can also force you to read and obey a koran."

More likely in my half of the countrty force you to read and obey their views of the Bible - same thing in principal. I don't know if you have heard, but down here the government has already forced every business and every employer to serve and even hire black people, so I suppose the end is already here and we all are forced already to read the Koran...or the Bible!

I just think if you are so devoted and pious that you feel you shouldn't bake a cake for a gay couple, you should also deny people living together out of wedlock, people who commit adultry, people who have killed, gluttons, coveters, etc., etc...unless you really think your particular version of God values stands against one sin in particular....

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

"If  the govenment can force you to bake a cake for someone it can also force you to read and obey a koran."

More likely in my half of the countrty force you to read and obey their views of the Bible - same thing in principal. I don't know if you have heard, but down here the government has already forced every business and every employer to serve and even hire black people, so I suppose the end is already here and we all are forced already to read the Koran...or the Bible!

I just think if you are so devoted and pious that you feel you shouldn't bake a cake for a gay couple, you should also deny people living together out of wedlock, people who commit adultry, people who have killed, gluttons, coveters, etc., etc...unless you really think your particular version of God values stands against one sin in particular....

I don't want a government that can force me to read and obey the Bible. This country has been governed by Christians since it's founding but it was never given the power to force people to become Christian. It is now taking the power to force Christians to do the will of the government.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

" It is now taking the power to force Christians to do the will of the government. "

That is what I call " Fight'n Words "   !!

Behold :

"I almost shudder at the thought of alluding to the most fatal example of the abuses of grief which the history of mankind has preserved--the Cross. Consider what calamities that engine of grief has produced!"--John Adams in a letter to Thomas Jefferson

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: NFL: We Are Watching Arizona

Last year Ms Patrick was ahead of 51 MEN!  Guess that means that they don't ever have a chance in hell of ever winning either!

Veteran Advisor

Re: NFL: We Are Watching Arizona

Not everyone is as tolerant as you farty!  Some people actually lose their jobs just because they are black, gay, old or whear the the wrong shirt to work.  The leaders in the Arizona state govt now want to make such things perfectly legal and you seem to support that.  If people don't do the decent, honorable thing like you always do, then there needs to be a law addressing it.