cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: NFL: We Are Watching Arizona

Black pastor want to impeach Holder for failing to uphold marriage laws.

snip-

A coalition of black pastors  announced on Tuesday at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. that they are  launching a campaign to gather one million signatures on a petition calling for the impeachment of Attorney General Eric Holder for violating his oath of office by trying "to coerce states to fall in line with the same-sex 'marriage' agenda." "President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder have turned their  backs on the values the American people hold dear, values particularly  cherished in the black community: values like marriage, which should be  strengthened and promoted, rather than weakened and undermined," says a  statement by the Coalition of African American Pastors that has been  posted online with their impeachment petition. "Our nation calls for the building up of a healthier marriage  culture; instead, our elected leaders are bent on destroying marriage,  remaking it as a genderless institution and reorienting it to be all  about the desires of adults rather than the needs of children," says the  coalition. "In pursuing this intention, the president and his administration are  trampling the rule of law.Attorney General Holder in particular has  used the influence of his office and role as the chief law enforcement  figure in our nation to try to coerce states to fall in line with the  same-sex ‘marriage’ agenda," says the coaltion. :Millions of voters in  30 states have voted to defend marriage as the union of one man and one  woman, but Attorney General Holder is attempting single-handedly to  throw those votes away! "For abandoning the oath he swore in taking office and his duty to  defend the common good, Attorney General Holder should be impeached by  Congress," says the coalition. "CAAP is calling on all men and women of  good will to sign the following petition urging Congress to take action  against the Attorney General’s lawlessness today!" - See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/penny-starr/black-pastors-impeach-holder#sthash.FKE0lkcV.iJqcEQTN.dp...

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

When your anti-gay brethren stop citing Leviticus, travel to Russian, Uganda, Nigeria, Puerto Rico on My TAX dime due to their " Firmly Held Religous Beliefs "  for the Sole purpose of spreading hate and to encourage the passing of  LAW to bash gays, HUNT US  ( Yep they call it going on " Safari " IN Russia ) Fine, Jail and Kill just for being BORN for Cryin out loud THEN, I'll be happy to be my usual happy ole self . Until then, put-up or shut-up.

Highlighted
Advisor

RAAACISTS!!!!!

Or so you would say if it were any other issue,  You've done it many times here when African americans have shown their feelings of disfavor over a contemporary issue.

So, 30, in order to be consistent, you should have redacted the "African" part of the post and simply said that there is yet another group of biggoted thumper offering plate passers who oppose basic human rights.  Which then, of course, would not be news to anyone.

Highlighted
Advisor

The wingers have got their peeps....

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I am an adulterer
Have some cake, God is the judge, not me

I have a criminal record
I have four divorces

I am Gay and want to marry my partner
I sorry, I can't practice my beliefs if I give you some cake.

Or if thats TOO simple for ya then  lets see here... what's next - I can't sell you any custard bismarcks because you're an abomination to god? I can't sell you any gas because your have too many different woven fabrics in your Church Suit. I can't sell you any meat on Friday because it's against my religion (but not company policy).

Make no mistake this is not about religious freedom but it is all about forcing your religious beliefs onto those that do not share them. This is no different than a restaurant that refuses to serve people of color, or a hotel that refuses to give Jews a room, or a bar that will not serve women.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

RAAACISTS!!!!!

Or so you would say if it were any other issue,  You've done it many times here when African americans have shown their feelings of disfavor over a contemporary issue.

So, 30, in order to be consistent, you should have redacted the "African" part of the post and simply said that there is yet another group of biggoted thumper offering plate passers who oppose basic human rights.  Which then, of course, would not be news to anyone.

You're the one who sees race in everything, not me. Guess you can't stand it if they wonder off the plantation.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: The wingers have got their peeps....

Right Bruce, it's so dammed ridiculous, the haters KNOW that Equal marriage is pretty much a given now so they are going roundy round on everything else just ike they do with abortion rights and voters rights. Hell half these guys could care less if the gay gets married, but if you can spout Hate for Pay and there is a lot of $$$ in this, then they'd throw anyone on a barbwire fence.

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: The Arizona bill.

Its all about principals, or I guess which principals you find most valued.  

Every individual is equal before the law.  I.E. the DMV can't send you to the end of the line because you're gay.   The law belongs to the public all equally as do public places.

But private individuals don't have that requirement.  Everyone should be free to hold whatever opinions they choose, whether you or I or the majority think they are right or wrong.   Freedom of speech and expression.

To force a person to labor against their will is called slavery.    Its called self ownership and self determination.

We also have this theory of free association.  The public can't tell an individual who they may or may not associate with.

Its not that difficult really.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

It's not really about religion, is it?

That is an excellent point NAJ. If I am a baker refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple because of my religious beliefs, shouldn't I also refuse any other person that has committed an equal sin? As a matter of fact, what all sins do I base my willingness to serve others on? Is it OK to just pick out one sin that allows me deny service from the whole list of possible sins?

If I pick out only one sin, such as being gay, and make that my only customer that I would deny, is that business really denying based on religion? I think not. The business is denying on only one tiny aspect of their religion and picking and choosing which one very randomly (from an overall religous perspective).

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: The Arizona bill.

So you would be in favor of bringing back segregation for private enterprise then? Read what you said with that in mind before you start in on me.

"But private individuals don't have that requirement.  Everyone should be free to hold whatever opinions they choose, whether you or I or the majority think they are right or wrong.   Freedom of speech and expression.

To force a person to labor against their will is called slavery.    Its called self ownership and self determination.

We also have this theory of free association.  The public can't tell an individual who they may or may not associate with.

Its not that difficult really."