cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: NFL: We Are Watching Arizona

Rush said the NFL might ban the "N" word...well only N`s use the N-words and the N`s are pretty mad that they might get a 15 yard penality on the field, when they use the N-word about each other and the other N`s  Smiley Happy  

Now we got this gay guy from Mizzou that wants to be in the NFL and I really don`t think anyone gives a rip...oh I know Bruce and AgJudge are making a much a-do about a "conservative wanting to make gays in the NFL illegal" ...seriously???  I don`t buy it.  But the NFL has a PR problem, the Super Bowl sucked, if they don`t get their act together they`ll go broke even with their subsidies, tax breaks and monopolies.

Look at NASCAR with Danica Patrick, yeah she`s hot and she can drive pretty good for a girl.  But she`s really just a novelty, like Richard Petty says, "she could have a chance winning if the other drivers stayed home"  but she`s a token and 1 token out of 40 drivers probably can work. 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: what is wrong with it

it is after all My business so i should be able to serve who i want unless you want to impede on my rights wanna try me

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: you mean LEFT wingers

good job  LOl

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: The Arizona bill.

To force a person to labor against their will is called slavery.    Its called self ownership and self determination.

We also have this theory of free association.  The public can't tell an individual who they may or may not associate with.

Its not that difficult really."

So you must be ok with slavery and forced association???

Highlighted
Advisor

favor has a definition.  did you choose the word to frame the debate?       I don't favor segregation as it cuts both the number of potential customers and employment candidates, its wrong and foolish to judge on superficial groupings.  but there is this thing called principals.  how do you get past that, or do you just cover your eyes and chose to toss them aside for expediancy.  I don't have the right to order other peoples lives, to force them to do what they don't wish to do.   

so before you start in with me decide first what you believe in.   do you believe in the principals I outlined?  its sort of the compact we made when the country was started.  

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Taken outside the context of this particular discussion, I agree with everything you wrote.

Taken in context with this discussion, I would have to insist on some very particular examples to proceed with logical discourse on the matter.

Highlighted
Advisor

I'm not sure I understand you?   

You want specific examples of how freedom of speech, freedom of association, self ownership and self determination are applied?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

How "specific examples of how freedom of speech, freedom of association, self ownership and self determination are applied" to Arizona Senate Bill 1062, which revolve around religion specifically. Sorry for the confusion. I was focusing on the topic of this thread.

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/51leg/2r/bills/sb1062s.pdf

Highlighted
Advisor

I think they should just grow a pair and add holocaust survivors and nuns to the list.

It is a matter of principle and there is somebody who doesn't like those groups.

Highlighted
Advisor

I don't agree with the bill because of the religious test. its unnecessary.