cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: NFL: We Are Watching Arizona

I've done business with adulterers, I've done business with people with criminal records, I've done business with people who have had divorces, I've done business with gay people.....the  problem is when the govenment tells me who I can and can't do business with because it's normally people like you NAG who I tell to take a flyin' flock and take your business elsewhere.  I have no tolerance for stupid.....gonna make a law to cover that one too?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: The Arizona bill.

The part of the argument that no one has asked yet is that if there is NO danger of people being discriminated against because thereare alreadyfederallaws against, WHY does Arizona need this law! The guy running for Gov when brewer leaves refused to answer a question about if a business denied service to a gay couple because being gay is against his religion and the state he is in allowed himto do so, would it be discrimination.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Arizona currently does NOT have a state law protecting LGBT people from discrimination.

Because of that, they're allowed to discriminate already against gay people without consequences. Arizona also has a gay marriage ban so there would be no wedding or wedding cake to sue over.

So basically this law is just mean spirited and based on no incident that happened in Arizona. It's just about showing how much the GOP hates the Gays. And this bill has NOTHING to do with cake. It's about any and all businesses giving them carte blanche to do things like not hire people because say they're not christian or muslim or women for example.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Does the Arizona bill contend with individuals or just businesses? Also, you do not have complete freedom to say anything you want. You cannot yell FIRE in a theater or walk up to the president and say "I'm going to kill you!" Of course, you can say them but not without unpleasant circumstances. I don't believe anyone should be discriminated by anyone for any reason but, hey, that's just me. The supporters of this bill are trying to say that no one would be discriminated against. But it appears that the very language of the bill is discriminatory by saying that it is against my religion to serve or sell to a person who is gay because my religion is against it. You are doing there is shifting the blame to your religion.
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

That really isn't a test. All they have to do is say the magic words. They don't have to produce creds for a Dr. of Theology degree. And they are still shifting the blame for their behavior to their religion. It still boils down to the same thing. Gays, loose women, ex cons, unwed mothers, etc would be discriminated against because of whatever reason the person decides their religion is against.
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

You wouldn't BUT if that person said "I don't like gays" and you were gay and he said he didn't bake cakes for gays because my religion is against it, he is discriminating but the AZ bill allows him to do it.
Highlighted
Advisor

And to think...

...how perilouosly close we came to having this heathen as our President:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mitt-romney-to-jan-brewer-veto-arizona-anti-lgbt-bill

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

.." I have no tolerance for stupid.....gonna make a law to cover that one too? "

Too late, you already Exist.

It's true we dont have to trade goods or services, but it depends on your reason.

Highlighted
Advisor

You can't yell fire in a theater because people might likely be physically injured. You can say I'm going to kill you, but if the person you say it to can demonstrate they took you as sincere and act to defend themselves, it could go bad. But you can say, 'I think you look funny, and I'm not selling you a biscuit.' At least its not the governments business to say you can't.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: The Arizona bill - Sam

Do I guess correctly then that you feel any business should have the right to refuse service to anyone for anything, be it the color of their skin, their religion, their sex, their country of origin or their politics, whether rthey have ever been divorced or not, their sexual orientation, etc., etc - whatever one dreams or imagines to ban from their property....?

Is that about right? Feel free to correct me because I certainly do not want to speak for you. I just want you to be clear. You are of course entitled, in this great nation, to your opinion.