cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

The Benghazi Story from CBS

Not that I think some of the CBS story was correct and there were many lies told to us by many people, but I am not that sure this story, played on the networks and PBS, ever made it to Fox News, so I thought I would let you Foxers out there know that CBS did a lousy job covering the story - no surprise there, but we all should know that Dylan Davies was a liar. It does not change the overall question of why we had an Embassy there or what was the prupose of the CIA compound or that it was insufficiently protected, but it does expose some bad journalism and Davies' lies.

Snip (chosen at random from hundreds):

CBS’ 60 Minutes apologized at the end of its Sunday broadcast for its flawed story on the 2012 attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya

Correspondent Lara Logan, who reported the October 27 story, said that 60 Minutes was misled by their main source, British security contractor Dylan Davies. Davies, who has written a book under the pseudonym “Sergeant Morgan Jones,” told 60 Minutes that he fought his way into the compound while the September 11 attack raged and later saw the body of Ambassador Christopher Stevens, who was killed that night. Davies’ story unraveled after it was revealed that his account on 60 Minutes and in his book was different from what he told the FBI.

Read more: 60 Minutes Apologizes for Retracted Benghazi Story | TIME.com http://nation.time.com/2013/11/11/60-minutes-apologizes-for-retracted-benghazi-story/#ixzz2kSEf9n00

13 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: The Benghazi Story from CBS

This is the state run media. CBS ran the story the administration told them to run. Hillary and Barry come out smelling like a rose.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Nothing new

Lara Logan getting misled by some foreign contractor....I bet the married father of young kids that she had the baby with misled her, too.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

3020 - If you think that statment is true, it tells me one thing - you never saw the original broadcast or ever read any of the articles reporting about it. Will you deny that statment? I don't think so, but I'll eat crow if I am wrong.  I would think you read some blogs & opinion pieces before that broadcast and watched Fox and that is pretty much it.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

3020 - If you think that statment is true, it tells me one thing - you never saw the original broadcast or ever read any of the articles reporting about it. Will you deny that statment? I don't think so, but I'll eat crow if I am wrong.  I would think you read some blogs & opinion pieces before that broadcast and watched Fox and that is pretty much it.

I did not watch the segment when it air as I was shelling corn. I told you so at the time. I would not have watched it anyway because of the 60 minute story on George W Bush's National Guard story, I find them very unreliable. I did click on the link you provided and watch the story on line. I though the story was well enough done but found it interesting that Barack Obama nor Hillary Clinton were never mentioned. It turns out I was right in my assessment of 60 minutes as they are unreliable. I will not waste my time with them again.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

The question is not whether CBS is reliable or not and I believe I stated that they had faulty journalism. The question was as you put it, "Hillary and Barry come out smelling like a rose." I think the CBS piece, reliable or not, had rather the opposite effect and that was my point. Somehow, you failed to recieve that bit of communication. In words you will understand, the piece on CBS was critical of Obama and Clinton. I don't see how you could percieve it any other way. Explain if you can.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

The question is not whether CBS is reliable or not and I believe I stated that they had faulty journalism. The question was as you put it, "Hillary and Barry come out smelling like a rose." I think the CBS piece, reliable or not, had rather the opposite effect and that was my point. Somehow, you failed to recieve that bit of communication. In words you will understand, the piece on CBS was critical of Obama and Clinton. I don't see how you could percieve it any other way. Explain if you can.

Now the only story the state run media is focused on is the CBS lie run on 60 minutes. The focus turns from the benghazi coverup to the unfounded attacks on the administration.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Actually, it turns critically to CBS and others screwing up. You have blinders and love them I "see." Good fr you. Keep happy...

According to Style, "CBS’s withdrawal of the story not only undermined its reporting, but that of Fox News, which apparently relied on Davies as a source for stories that have challenged the Obama administration’s account of events. Fox had cited the “60 Minutes” story repeatedly to validate its earlier reporting. “We stand by our reporting on Benghazi, and given what is still unknown, we anticipate further fact finding from those who know the truth about what took place on 9/11/12,” said Michael Clemente, executive vice president of news for Fox News.".

r3020
Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

Actually, it turns critically to CBS and others screwing up. You have blinders and love them I "see." Good fr you. Keep happy...

According to Style, "CBS’s withdrawal of the story not only undermined its reporting, but that of Fox News, which apparently relied on Davies as a source for stories that have challenged the Obama administration’s account of events. Fox had cited the “60 Minutes” story repeatedly to validate its earlier reporting. “We stand by our reporting on Benghazi, and given what is still unknown, we anticipate further fact finding from those who know the truth about what took place on 9/11/12,” said Michael Clemente, executive vice president of news for Fox News.".

As I said, CBS was doing what the administration wanted them to do. Berry and Hillary come out smelling like a rose. All is forgotten, including 4 dead Americans. Sort of along the line of it you like your plan you can keep your plan. If you like your story of 4 dead Americans because of a film maker you can keep your story.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

As Paul Harvey, used to say

and now, you know the rest of the story! Just shows the lengths the goddam Republicans will go. I'd really be proud to know, I support people like this! But, I know it really doesn't matter, you people, have no scruples/honor.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/11/13/the-obamacare-fact-check-cbs-should-have-done-b/196889