cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

The Big Four

thinking about Trump's call for more police brutality.

I've been reading some about the Detroit and other riots here on the 50th anniversary.

There was a thing known as The Big Four that was known to everyone in Detroit's black neighborhoods in the 50s and 60s. It was a practice where two uniformed officers in front and two plainclothes in back would ride around and find black people who they decided needed a beating and then beat the crap out of them in plain view to make an example.

After the '67 riots LBJ appointed former Illinois Governor Otto Kerner to examine the causes of "the disturbances" and what might be done to avoid them in the future. The commissions findings never got much traction because they laid blame directly at the feet of white society and offered massive government intervention as the only solution. By then LBJ had a lot more pressing problems to deal with.

The previous policies were sort of made official and legal under the Nixon and Reagan with drug laws and mass incarceration.

Anyway, more police brutality may in fact appeal to the Trump base but the calls only serve to make police more aggressive and ensure that there will be more hostility and grievance brewing in the subject population.

Which isn't a bad thing for counter revolutionaries who want to turn back the clock to the 1950s (culturally, not economically. they still expect to keep their money) - if, for example, we had a good old fashioned race riot and Trump sent the 82nd Airborne in to shoot everybody, you can be assured that his popularity would surge from 39% to 42 or some such. Probably just enough to keep the march toward authoritarianism going.

12 Replies
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: The Big Four

How many generals does he have in his group now?

Another one yesterday by the news here.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Was it Trump who ordered the killing of Lavoy Finnicum?

wehav
Senior Contributor

WACO

Ruby Ridge

hardnox
Advisor

All bad deals, particularly Ruby Ridge, although a federal officer had been killed before the siege began and that almost always ends badly- if you don't believe me then try it. Four Feds executed to set the Waco standoff in motion. Finicum tried to run police officers over while running a road block that had been legally approved and then went for his gun- again- be my guest if you think that's your right.

Nothing approaching that degree of provocation in any of the cause celebre' BLM incidents of recent infamy, even though most had some complicating circumstances.

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

And the problem with that is? Oh you think he should have more gays and transvestites?

bruce MN
Advisor

How does transvestism get it's way into this discussion?

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

To Allen, they are all the same Bruce.  They are all just gay....

You know what's really funny?  Is once again, these guys on here only talk about the Male to Female trangenders.  You never hear a word about the Female to Males, yet, I would bet that most of the trans that the military talks about being in their ranks are those.  The military would appeal to them, the way I see it, as a way to fit in with the boys.....

I've never seen the stats on breaking the groups down.  Maybe someone else has?

Tick Tock....BONGx8!!!!!!!!

Jen

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Here is one article I found when I did a quick search....I don't have time to read it, but it looks interesting.  I have a life from here....

https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/Transgender-Military-Service-May-2014.pdf

Tick Tock.....BONGx8!!!!!!!!

Jen

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

Now you want to be a Dude? When it comes down to it I only know of one woman that wanted to go the other way.Chastity Bono.