cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: The Change in the Debate

Hey GTO, you and I disagree on alot of things.  You are right any money that I send any politican is probably money down the rathole, that`s what I`ve always believed.  I know the coming election is going to be a fork in the road to continue down these failed policies or try a fresh approach not seen in 25 yrs of going back to America`s traditions.  Ron Paul would be the ideal candidate, 2nd choice Michele Bachmann, she is the closest clone of Dr Paul out there in a fireball of energy.  See GTO, Michele isn`t some "bumbling idiot" in REAL life that you guys see in your Keith Olberman out of context 15 second clips.  If nothing else the way the big money media has unfairly demonized her tells you that she is one of the very few that`s up to the task. Romney or some other GOP retread may bowl her over in the nomination. If Michele does win the big enchilda in `12 she`ll have a $16 Trillion nat debt and have to fight the media, honestly I think we have gone too far over the edge to come back, but I Love this country so much I just can`t give up yet.  If I run in a ton of unpreped scrap iron and get $200 to send her, buy a money order, my Wife would skin me if I sent Michele a check Smiley Surprised...It`s the least I can do for this great country.  Be well my Friend.  

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Funny thing about your two choices, Check on anti spending in Ron Paul it is  district is one of the highest in recieving govt handouts.  and then there is Bachmann and husband  small busines depending  on Medicad  along with Farm subsidies from a inherited farm.  

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I can some what agree with the spirit of what you said.

I do not like the tea baggers.  I don't think there is anything noble in their agenda.  Mostly I think they want to keep the rich, rich at all costs. I think they've twisted Reagan's ideology for the rich to a dangerous degree. After all; in the end Reagonomics was all about the rich getting richer. They almost brought our government to it's knees and really damaged the American reputation.  They need not be proud. But maybe the debacle of the past several weeks will get some new thinking going and that has to be a good thing.

Hey maybe some real patriotism will come from this mess.  Kind of how in Germany a German company keeps the good of the country in mind while making their business decisions.

About Lyndon Johnson and "the great society"  Noble thinking there.  Only problem was we can't seem to stop thinking we have to take care of the world.  We wouldn't be in the jam with the social programs if we would just stop trying to be the world's  caregiver and be most concerned with our own.

We should have listened to Carter more and done much much more than we have to be independent of foreign oil.  Heck to be independent of oil period.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Nice thoughtful post, dairymom. Thank you.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@dairy mom wrote:

I can some what agree with the spirit of what you said.

I do not like the tea baggers.  I don't think there is anything noble in their agenda.  Mostly I think they want to keep the rich, rich at all costs. I think they've twisted Reagan's ideology for the rich to a dangerous degree. After all; in the end Reagonomics was all about the rich getting richer. They almost brought our government to it's knees and really damaged the American reputation.  They need not be proud. But maybe the debacle of the past several weeks will get some new thinking going and that has to be a good thing.

Hey maybe some real patriotism will come from this mess.  Kind of how in Germany a German company keeps the good of the country in mind while making their business decisions.

About Lyndon Johnson and "the great society"  Noble thinking there.  Only problem was we can't seem to stop thinking we have to take care of the world.  We wouldn't be in the jam with the social programs if we would just stop trying to be the world's  caregiver and be most concerned with our own.

We should have listened to Carter more and done much much more than we have to be independent of foreign oil.  Heck to be independent of oil period.

Good thoughts dairy mom.

You might find it interesting to check this chart, which I posted another day and got no comments on, to see what happened to the US debt with Carter.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/61444009/U-S-Debt-14-3-trillion-deep

Might have been a good trend to continue if only he had another term.

Chart also showed wht happened to the debt after Lyndon Johnson who I see some are blaming for the USA problems now.

I would also mention that it is not your country 'trying to be the world's caregiver' that is the reason for the financial problems but the wars to try to force your way on others (and that is not care giving) has certainly added to the debt, in a big way.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Hey Hobby,  farm subsidies are less than 1% of the annual US budget.  Let me say this again, you ain`t gonna reply back anyway Smiley Very Happy  FARM SUBSIDES ARE LESS THAN 1% OF THE US BUDGET!!!!  Now that is wonderful to cut the budget by $20 billion, let`s do it! There we agree, what else you want to cut?  Perhaps math wasn`t your strong suit in school so let me help you out a bit.  The projected US budget deficit in the coming year will be $1.65 Trillion, now that is with a "T" ya with me so far Hobby?  Okay, those of you who understand so far, help the slow ones.  Now we cut farm subsidies 100%, we save $20 Billion, see Hobby that starts with a "B" for B-i-l-l-i-o-n  not a "T" for T-r-i-l-l-i-o-n,  Trillion as in the $1.65 Trillion projected coming deficit...God I hope you`re getting this.  $1.65 Trillion minus $20 Billion equals $1.63 Trillion...there remedial math made easy!  Sooooo Hobby any ideas about cuts for the rest of the deficit...ohhh I forgot this is the part where you disappear for a few days right right right.  Ron Paul has always voted against subsidies http://www.ronpaul.com/2008-06-02/sowing-more-big-government-with-the-farm-bill/  the farmers and majority of other voters keep relecting him inspite of wanting gov`t out of our lives.  Imagine that! If you actually give people a choice they will vote for what`s right!  The Bachmann`s own a farm and are eligible for the farm program like millions of others, they are breaking no laws.  I`ll end with this, the only person crazier than somone(US Gov) who`s throwing money into the streets is the guy that doesn`t stop to pick up all that he can carry..Starve the Beast, Baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Thanks for you education but think of it this way how do you get to a trillion what you know a billion at a time   It may be a only 1% but  factor it in what is called out of control spending and what do you have 1-63 t.deficit     as far as bachmann farm if she is anti govt and spenfding maybe  she set a example and decouple the govt handouts. .   You didn't  mention their little business she brags about  that preys on medicad program for income..  Hard to cut medicad spending when people draw on it with a business that has been discredited.    Arn't we glad that 87 menbers  took the country to the brink of default ruined the creditable of America  around the world boy they must be proud.   Stupid is a better word.    As far as cuts lets start with all the fraud in all programs once we get control of that we start ridding the country on dupucation across  govt depts.  when that is complete we start on elimating programs.   .  

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

By the same token, Hobby...

...are you calling for Obama and the Democrats that want the Bush tax cuts repealed to voluntarily pay more taxes than they owe to "set an example" at how the rest of the country is under-taxed?  Congress and the President are cutting the budget $2 Trillion over 10 yrs or $200 billion/yr, the deficit will be brought down to $1.4Trillion!  That is peanuts peanuts peanuts!  Our lenders and rating agencies told these politicians "CUT $4 TRILLION over 10 years OR ELSE!!!!"  a barefooted country boy like me understood what they said, did Obama and the politicians think the rating agencies were Bluffing?  Our Debt to GDP is at 100%. That is damned close to Greece!!  The Tea Party is the only ones that can grasp the weight of this issue.  And the half-wits on here smuggly refer to them as "baggers"....We are soooo screwed!!

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: By the same token, Hobby...

Those same "half-wits" here undoubtably will show surprise when what is happening in Britain comes to America...namely the riots and burning in the streets. How can you tell people they have "entitlements" and then expect them to act like law abiding citizens when things get tough?

If things stay on the same trajectory they are currently on, a Rick Perry/Michele Bachmann law and order ticket is going to look mighty appealing come Nov 2012.

All they have to do is to play the Britain tapes over and over, and ask if Americans want that to happen here.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: By the same token, Hobby...

Maybe you should quit while your ahead, BA. This article says your all wet.

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-debt-gdp-projected-adjustment-2011-4