cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

The Daily Outrage machine

an indiginity a day. At least one.

Thinking about it, though, I think it serves more than the obvious purpose of keeping the base "energized."

I think it also serves to inure folks to the scent of sulfur and brimstone that is rising all around them.

On a bipartisan basid, I'll admit. And my Dad could beat your Dad up.

14 Replies
RJG640v8
Senior Contributor

Re: The Daily Outrage machine

it is fun to watch.  I alluded to it in a different post,  they are good at deflecting and accusing, when I see them doing this I know that they are doing what they accuse others of. One of their favs is to say Dems are all politics all the time,  well these daily outrages they have, show that it's the Repubs that are all politics all the time.  Yesterday I asked about Ebola,  it was all the rage, and every other thread included it , now they do not want to talk about it. It was a good tool of fear, another tactic the Repubs thrive on.   

r3020
Senior Advisor

@hardnox wrote:

an indiginity a day. At least one.

Thinking about it, though, I think it serves more than the obvious purpose of keeping the base "energized."

I think it also serves to inure folks to the scent of sulfur and brimstone that is rising all around them.

On a bipartisan basid, I'll admit. And my Dad could beat your Dad up.

Bush lied people died. The government dropped the twin towers shot a rocket into the pentagon, shot a plane out of the sky over a Pennsylvania field killed 3,000 Americans yada yada yada....... Now lets give the government more power.........

hardnox
Advisor

An interesting facet of The Big Lie is that you have to hew to it or be undercut on basic, unrelated facts- generally in a straw man fashion.

Yes, the official conspiracy theory is preposterous but you don't have to believe that to know that Bush lied, a simple historical fact.

But interestingly enough, or not really, you can use it as a straw man and link the two, or maintain that GWB was a fine, conservative christian man who talked with jesus every day and if he lied it was for our own good as he knew something we don't.

I'll give you that last part although not the premise that it was for our own good.

Flatland Hillbilly
Senior Contributor

Seems a bit of a coincidence as soon as the big O's ebola czar was selected who is an expert at channeling the media.....no more talk of ebola.

RJG640v8
Senior Contributor

i find it coincidental also, now that the election is over, it's political use has dwindled and all the fear mongering as gone away.

Like I said in my post yesterday, nobody here seems to want to talk about it anymore, different story before and leading up to the election though.  

r3020
Senior Advisor

@hardnox wrote:

An interesting facet of The Big Lie is that you have to hew to it or be undercut on basic, unrelated facts- generally in a straw man fashion.

Yes, the official conspiracy theory is preposterous but you don't have to believe that to know that Bush lied, a simple historical fact.

But interestingly enough, or not really, you can use it as a straw man and link the two, or maintain that GWB was a fine, conservative christian man who talked with jesus every day and if he lied it was for our own good as he knew something we don't.

I'll give you that last part although not the premise that it was for our own good.

Why can't you just be honest Nox? The deep state is code for the Jews and the Christians are taking over the world and we need an all powerful Almighty Big Government to stop the Jews and the Christians. Why blow on the dog whistle

bruce MN
Advisor

Eeerrrr....it could be because no Ebola One victim in this massive epidemic and his family just received a nice settlement from the Thumper run Hospital that botched his case and sent him home to die. Hopefully the media ha learned something out of this cluster keep. But in so long as the Murdoch/Ailes gang is setting the bar not much hope of that x
bruce MN
Advisor

terribly effective though

I'm sure that the fear and outrage factory was responsible for tipping a handful of races last week so all worth it.
OKdon
Senior Contributor

Would you favor a islamic taliban taking over your country. I fail to see the advantage of a christian taliban in our country.