Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

The Daily TRUMPetour Early Edition V3

Obviously, something has changed to have caused this:

Oklahoma_3.0_earthquake_bar_graph_since_1978.png

Some on this site think the earthquakes in OK are a joke.  It's not so funny to those that live there.

Oklahoma's rise in quakes linked to man-made causes

Bill Whitaker reports on the high incidence of earthquakes in Oklahoma, where oil and gas production is injecting vast amounts of wastewater into the earth

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-oklahoma-rise-in-quakes-linked-to-man-made-causes/

LaRue's disposal well is one of more than 3,000 in Oklahoma. The state created a website to explain the earthquakes -- this map shows disposal wells as blue x's. The red and yellow dots are earthquakes. When the price of oil went over a hundred dollars a barrel in 2008, oil and gas production increased dramatically. So did the amount of wastewater and earthquakes.

OK Disposal Wells.jpg

US-rig-count_1988_2015-03-06oil.png

I tried to look for a map exclusively of OK that showed the number of fracked wells by year, but I couldn't find any.  I don't think that data is available, or the well drillers aren't required to report old wells that they frack.  It would possibly be more telling than the map above.

I lived in OKC for 6 months of the years for from 2008 until 2014.  People there aren't brushing this off with a silly picture of a lawn chair tipped over.....but, then what can you expect from somewhat that only posts what  they have been told.  

"The WE SAY SO Corporation says it's OK, it must be OK!!!"  In OK, it's NOT OK!!!

Jen