Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

The Daily TRUMPetour V4

Trump Impulsive.jpg

Nancy Pelosi: Too much is being made of Clinton emails

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-California, thinks “much too much” has been made of Hillary Clinton’s statement to the FBI that she did did not know that the “(C)“ markings on her emails meant and speculated that they referred to “paragraphs marked in alphabetical order.”

Pelosi was asked by CBS News’ Josh Elliott whether Americans should be concerned that Clinton said she didn’t know what the markings meant.

“I think they shouldn’t be that concerned,” she said on “CBS This Morning.” “I think that the secretary of state deals with a large number of issues -- 30,000 emails -- we’re talking about a few that may have been marked ‘confidential.’ ‘Classified...’ and ‘secret’ and ‘highly sensitive’ is where it becomes more problematic.”

“The fact is that whatever it was that Hillary Clinton dealt with in that manner had no threat to our security,” Pelosi continued, “and I think that too much has been made of this.” The attention being paid to the issue, she called “a distraction” from Congress’ unfinished business.

Congress returns this week for a brief session before the November elections. There are two things it must get done -- prevent the government from shutting down on Oct. 1 by passing a short-term spending bill and provide funding for the fight against the Zika virus. The House minority leader complained that the president had asked for the resources to fight Zika in February, but “not one cent has been appropriated by Congress.”

Zika funding has been held up because Democrats and Republicans have been fighting over how much to allocate to stop the virus, whether the money should be taken from anti-Ebola efforts, and they’re also arguing about funding for contraceptive measures. Pelosi said Republicans were rejecting anything that has to do with reproduction in the bill. Zika, which has been linked to birth defects, is transmitted by mosquitoes, and by sexual contact.

14 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: The Daily TRUMPetour V4

Thanks for more proof she is completely and totally incompetent.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

I hate to tell you this, but your statement of Nancy Pelosi's incompetence doesn't show her incompetence, it shows yours.

A person doesn't get to where she is by being incompetent. It looks to me like a case of the pot calling the kettle black.....

Jen

rawhide
Advisor

What about the  "We have to pass this bill so we can see what's in it" ? That's logical to you?

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

When deeming someone's incompetence - the word that was chosen here - takes more than a one sentence statement.

If your going to base incompetence on one sentence, then it is pretty clear to me, that every person in the world would meet your level to be 'incompetent'.

Sorry - your one sentence reasoning doesn't pass the mustard with this gal.

Jen
rawhide
Advisor

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Do you really want to get into a he said / she said with me? Really? With all the bone headed statements made by the Right's candidate over the last several months. Really? If you do, then let's talk about, for a start, the incompetence of calling all the Mexican immigrants what he did - murderers and rapists, and much, much more.

Of course, judging by my Wellstone post, you guys like tying murders to any group you don't agree with. It seems to be the Republican MO.

And how about the incompetence of Bush and his, "You're doing a good job Brownie!" How about that?  The fact is, Bush probably wasn't incompetent, just wrong. He looked like an idiot though, and he probably was that.

Let's talk about the incompetence of the right, blaming the Clintons for Wellstone.

How about Benghazi when the Republicans stripped the funding for security at our nations embassies?   If blood is on Secretary Clinton's hands for Benghazi, it certainly is shared in a large part, if not mostly, by the Republicans.

You guys are real good at the blame game, right until someone calls you on it. Blaming someone for murder like you guys have is no laughing matter. Give me your proof on Wellstone, and me, or I have proven you guys for the liars that you are.

Jen

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

I'm waiting - you guys are saying this stuff, you should have the proof. Let's go - I don't have all day, I have things to do....

Jen
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

If you don't have the proof, just say, "I'm sorry, Jen, I don't have proof. I don't know where it came from. It came from people, lots of people, and they know."

Oh wait, being Republican means you never have to say, "I'm sorry, I made a mistake." Too bad, let's just mark it down for what it is then. A lie....

Jen
rawhide
Advisor

I believe the proper response is  "What differance does it make". Hilliary said that and it seemed to work.