cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

The Debate

I watched CNN online and thought it was conducted fairly well, i thought Wolfe did a good job.  Some of the hungry candidates pushed the limits though and every other question it seemed was prefaced with "Donald Trump said....." 

Carly is a scraping sinewy broad that claimed Trump`s of not wanting to put "boots" all over the Middle east, "sounded too much like Obama".   I thought Rubio was a little punk snarkingly thanking Rand Paul for mentioning him and him getting "30 more seconds" to reply.  What are you Rubio, 9 years old?  Do we want a 9 year old hormonal punk with his finger on the button?

Anyway I think Rand Paul won, Donald Trump won and Ted Cruz won.  Bush had to play fast and loose but did ok, Christie did good.

The media tells us...guess what Rubio won, Bush won and Christie won.

Here`s their so-called semantic "fact checking"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/factchecking-the-fifth-gop-debate/ar-BBnCzTZ?ocid=spartandhp ...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/winners-and-losers-from-the-5th-republican-presidential-debat...

14 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: The Debate

I'll vote for the first chickenhawk who promises to saddle up and lead the charge.

I imagine all of them are so clever they won't get captured like McCain did.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

The biggest loser? CNN

CNN failed to get the brawl they were trying to incite. Cruz and Trump made nice, had a few punch the shoulder exchanges and jokes, and the CNN crew looked a little miffed at not getting what their bosses wanted...a free for all. Guess I would have welcomed a few questions directed to Cruz to get his responses, but maybe I missed them early on while flipping back and forth to watch the TImberwolves continue to show how futile it is to try to  play in the NBA without any NBA calibre point guards. (I blame Phil Saunders for the makeup of the team that way....guards grow up thinking that all you need on a team is shooters, forwards and centers, and one point guard is fine.....Filp had that perfect scenario as a MN Gopher and probably was living his NBA dreams vicariously through Ricky Rubio) I did think that Ted Cruz solidified his position....Trump didn't really disappoint anyone, and Rand Paul showed that he is the thinking man's candidate. John Ellis looked pititful...Christie should be debating the Hildebeast and Sanderclaus....can he still switch and run as a democrat to fill out the left field? Ben Carson had his soft spoken charm going...can see why he woo's the ladies, but not much substance...kind of like a cotton candy at a fair. Looks to me  like Cruz or Trump, with hopefully Rand Paul getting consideration for a VP spot if it's not already a done deal with Donald and Ted being one and two.

http://mashable.com/2015/12/15/donald-trump-vs-ted-cruz/?utm_cid=lf-storylist#yk19zAQJnsqL

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: The biggest loser? CNN

I thought Rand was probably the biggest loser for evoking the Geneva Convention.

Folks who have brought to a state of quivering terror by their handlers don't need no steenkin' geneva convention.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Trump is clearly in charge of the process, he has stripped the liberal media of all their power, last night they fell in line.  Without Trump in the race, Jeb would be #1 at this point.  I think Trump entered this race to make sure that didn't happen, he has an obvious dislike for Bush.  On the other hand, Trump, Cruz, and Carson treated each other with 100% respect and I still think Trump will end up backing Cruz.  It would seem Trump is purposely acting stupid to try to back out.....there is more going on here than it appears.

Highlighted
Advisor

If that is so, one guess would be in order to elect Hillary.

Hillary will be a weak candidate given her negatives but neither Cruz or Rubio are likely to beat her, regardless of the current closeness of polls.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

What is evident is that Cruz will do nothing to disparage Trump. Cruz is hoping the Trump will self destruct and cruz expects to inheritthe Trump followers by default. Somebody needs to put on their big boy pants and put Trump in his place. The closest person to donthat was Lindsay Graham from the kids table. Although I agree with Lindsey about little he by far has a better understanding of the enemy we face, but clearly wants to adopt a GW method to correct it.

American troops on the ground will clearly be seen as an infidel invasion of muslim territory. Muslims of all persuasions will envision that as a full blown attack on the faith. Even a temporary victory would end up anew cancer mastisizing in the region. That is why we had the Taliban Al Queda and now Isis. The same philosophical strategy is simply renewed under new managment.

Muslimsin the region need to rid their territory of the cancer with in their region and even then they are likely to have on going struggles for power and infuence in the region. Too many resources up for grabs and too many folks want to control it.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Good post

You actually watched the debate and listened and thought about it.

The reason Trump and Cruz play nice with each other is that they both appeal to the same voters and do not want to risk alienation.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: The biggest loser? CNN

How would you know what CNN wanted?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: The biggest loser is Hillary

What has come out of these debates is the fact that any of the Republican candidates are a better choice than Hillary.