cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

The Deer Hunter etc.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/06/22/how-voters-personal-suffering-overtook-r...

"The people who support the white working class have been voting for Bernie Sanders, but the white working class has been voting for Donald Trump."

27 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: The Deer Hunter etc.

Well, it`s hard to be a "Deer Hunter' and vote for Sanders and a party that doesn`t think that you neeeeeeed a gun.  The working class isn`t as stupid as many of you on the left believe them to be, if Mexicans come in, the white working classes` wages go down, if you subsidize low wages the companies have no incentive to raise wages as there is plenty of labor supply...you know Economics 101 "supply & demand". 

If you have free trade and as a country contine running $700 Billion trade deficits year after year, wealth is leaving. Bigshots in the companies get wealthy beyond belief, but the working class of America is pitted directly against the lowest of the low world workers that make $2/day.   I don`t give a damned how productive the American worker is, they can not compete with $2 a day workers.

The working class isn`t that stupid to continue believing the Democrat and elitist Republican lies that they`ve been fed the last 35 years.

bruce MN
Advisor

This one guy recognized the things that Weisseter says are being missed, 14 years before that incredible movie was made. I haven't come across it being broadcast in quite some time, but good to see that it is. 

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/b/bob+dylan/chimes+of+freedom_20021149.html

Not ot much hope of it happening, but I do hope that the contributors here take the time to read this article.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:    I don`t give a damned how productive the American worker is, they can not compete with $2 a day workers.

LOL it is down right hilarious that you say that,  yet vote for the guy who has his ties made in Mexico, shirts made in India and steaks imported from Argentina, as well as his builders saying " Hola " when greeted.

actions vs words.

Wether he wins ( lol, never ) or loses, You Trumpeters will be, and are,  looked as complete and total FOOLS

bruce MN
Advisor

Yeah, OK.  And Trump, through what process, fixes any of that, how?  Or if not fixes, mitigates the effects, how?

hardnox
Advisor

Guns are a big part of the equation, for sure. Although it needs to be noted that Bernie got hammered by Clinton over the fact that he's always defended the rights of his Vermont constituents to own their 30.30s, if not machine guns.

And re-evaluation of the terms of trade was always a central part of his message. But not with the suggestion that the fruits of that would be reserved only for those who primarily enjoyed them until recently.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Well, to start with, don`t let in anymore Mexicans...build a wall and at least tell them "WE DON`T WANT YOU HERE!", do not reward those that are here illegally because that only encourages MORE to come in.

Put Tariffs on goods coming into the US if we are running a trade deficit with them, make foreign produced goods the SAME cost or a little MORE expensive than American made products.

So far Donald Trump is the only one with those solutions since Ross Perot...whom I voted for both times that he ran.  If Perot was elected in `92 and `96 we would not be in this mess. 

hardnox
Advisor

On Clinton and guns- she's going to run as the gun control candidate, which is a winner electorally, narrowly, but in general. Republicans should hope and pray that the majority of the several dozen mass shootings over the next four months are the good kind ("urban" in nature, maybe even involving police injuries) versus the bad kind.

But if I were you (and thankfully I'm not) I wouldn't worry about it too much. She might manage to limit manufacture of banana clips or such, but not much more. And in Clinton fashion, it doesn't matter as long as the issue stays alive for the exploitation of some valuable identity group.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

What, do you think Trump is stupid?  If he didn`t manufacture his ties in Mexico they would not be price competitive to other ties on the market.  Trump has skin in this game and he`s exposing the scam!  He would have more money in his pocket just shutting up and continue playing the game like the other robber barrons.  Thus far, Trump is the only one giving up the jig, the policies on trade that he wants would cost him money...but not really, American workers would once again be price competitive as all other tie companies would be on a level playing field.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

NO, he thinks his followers are stupid.

He won't renegotiate Nafta, Cafta, or shafta.

There will be no wall.