cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: The Deer Hunter etc.

BA; so you did your homework and now you can tell us what the few jibs created by the tire tariff cost per job to create.

Now what did it cost in addition for the lost chicken exports when China put a tariff on chicken from the US in retaliation for the tire tariff.

You want to go back to the 1939ies when trade was all locked up in each country and manufacturing was inefficient and the costs of goods was too high for people to afford so production faltered and more people were put out of work and even fewer could afford the expensive products.

That of course led to discontent in many countries and allowed dictators to take coontrol and begin wars that led to WW II and on and on.

Yep those protection at any cost policies are real winners

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

It doesn`t matter Canuck

It doesn`t matter, last year alone China sent us $367 BILLION more crap than we sent them ..over $1 Billion trade deficit every day!  just with them.  So they won`t buy chickens from us...oh my poor poor poor Tyson "family" Farms...I bet they lost a bundle...Smiley Very Happy   I sure never noticed anything.

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5700.html

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: It doesn`t matter Canuck

Well BA, if you never noticed anything then I guess you did not buy any tires or sell any chicken.

I do hope you congratulated the Obama admin on their use of trariffs to increase the cost of tires to US citizens by over a billion $$ and it is estimated maybe 1200 jobs were created by people buying those expensive tires and oh yes $1 billion in trade to China was lost.

When did you thank Obama?

r3020
Senior Advisor

So that is why Obama has the worse economic growth of almost every US president?

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I`ll thank him when he gets off the amnesty kick, repeals NAFTA and gives up on the TPP or TPA or whatever you want to call it.  I buy Firestone Transforce on the pickup and they`ve bounced around in price between $170 to $220....Smiley Indifferent   so?   They were $220 when oil was $150/barrel, that was their exucuse but big whoop, I was selling $7.50 corn off the combine too.  I bought a set a couple months ago and they were $200...it`s not that big of deal.  If folks in the USA are making my tires, I will gladly pay more, either pay more for tires or pay more in taxes for welfare and unemployment insurance, I`d rather they have a job and then they can buy a Ribeye or pork chop that I raise....screw that chicken junk, let the Chinaman have that.

bruce MN
Advisor

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: It doesn`t matter bruce

FActs will not get in the way of their beliefs that those Republicans are the only good guys even when they are bigotted, racist, hate mongering, mysogynisitic.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: It doesn`t matter bruce

Barack Obama has also added more to the national debt than all other Presidents combined.

snip-

The rate of real economic growth is the single greatest determinate of both America’s strength as a nation and the well-being of the American people.

On Thursday the Commerce Department announced that the US economy expanded at the slowest pace in two years. GDP growth rose at an anemic 0.5% rate after a paltry 1.4% fourth quarter advance.

Ronald Reagan brought forth an annual real GDP growth of 3.5%.
Barack Obama will be lucky to average a 1.55% GDP growth rate.

This ranks Obama as the fourth worst presidency on record.

Barack Obama will be the only U.S. president in history who did not deliver a single year of 3.0%+ economic growth.

According to Louis Woodhill, if the economy continues to perform below 2.67% GDP growth rate this year, President Barack Obama will leave office with the fourth worst economic record in US history.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/04/simply-worst-obama-first-president-ever-not-see-single-year-...