cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Re: The GOP war on abortion is failing

We've had birth control for more than a generation now.

I don't see things improving in the way you mentioned.  In fact, things seem to be going the other way, with more of those very things that are supposed to be disappearing.

bruce MN
Advisor

HmmM??

How do you find that out?  Which ones are the partrons of which party?

I agree with your general sentiment, but wondering how it is that one could know that

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Re: HmmM??

I'll give you an example:

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/03/25/obamas-favorite-ceo-gets-ge-out-from-paying-any-us-taxes/

What a coincidence!  I’m sure that GE’s ability to generate $14.2 billion in profits, $5.1 billion in the US, and end up getting back $3.2 billion from taxpayers has nothing at all to do with its political connections and favorable tax breaks and loopholes it has pushed through Congress.  Oh, wait:

A review of company filings and Congressional records shows that one of the most striking advantages of General Electric is its ability to lobby for, win and take advantage of tax breaks.

Over the last decade, G.E. has spent tens of millions of dollars to push for changes in tax law,

-snip-

Now, who is the CEO of GE, and does he have any 'connections'?  Hmmm.

G.E.’s chief executive, Jeffrey R. Immelt, as his liaison to the business community and as the chairman of the President’s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness,

The list goes on, but GE is the one that pops into my mind first.   I will repeat myself.   I don't care which of the 2 parties are in control, there are gong to be certain corporate interests, that get special treatment, over others.   The only real difference, will be which corporations, and who will be pulling the strings.