cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Esteemed Advisor

The Hillary documentary

no particular desire to see it but it does cover much of the modern period of American political history which I'm deeply interested in- guess I can decide what I do and don't think, which is what I do. And unlike some, I don't think that 4 hours of it would send me into septic shock.

Anyway, Hillary was always a special focus of Clinton Hatred even more than her old man, for a variety of reasons. A host of fortunes and careers were launched by monetizing Clinton Hatred- Rush, Coulter, Conway, Ingraham- really the who's who of MAGA punditry.

It was easy to sell because there's some there there, for sure, although looking back it was a time from the present day it was a time of innocence, peace, prosperity and Constitutional order by comparison. If there's any consolation for her it is that Hillary Hatred ran its course all the way to the absurdist finale of QAnon and Pizzagate-surely an attempt to squeeze the final little bit of juice out of Hillary Hatred. And there was some juice to be squeezed.

Back in '16 I was surprised to learn that some "cosmopolitan" types simply did not understand the depths of hatred for her that abided among the folk. It may be somewhat unfair and certainly overblown but it is a fact. To this day there are people I know who are just now getting their arms out of casts after breaking them patting themselves on the back for killing the wicked witch. A lot of them don't even care about Trump a lot other than justifying their support via the former.

To my point- any yellow dog but Hillary could have beaten Dennison in '16. Although with the advantage of incumbency, a rock solid minority base and a wide open door to cheating he has a possible path to re-election.

There are periodic attempts to re-cycle Hillary for hated purposes- like net rumors that she's being secretly groomed for VP- but it isn't going to hunt other than among those who are already lit.

This book isn't over but it is down to the footnotes.

14 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: The Hillary documentary

Hillary's problem has always been her treatment of others. Especially those whom were assaulted by Bill.

sdholloway56
Esteemed Advisor

Lol.

I was thinking about what if the D nominee tried Dennison's trick and lined up all the women who have accused him of sexual assault in a debate audience. 

But you can't wrong foot him- he has no shame. Would probably hold up his "huge hands" and wink.

BTW, in making an initial assessment of Obama, one of my observations was that he appeared to be a pretty normal guy with a solid marriage. That didn't stop The Birther in Chief from looking for ways to delegitimize him. Some similar stuff to the foundations of Hillary Hatred- uppity woman vs. uppity ######.

sdholloway56
Esteemed Advisor

And of course Blasey-Ford et al were just a political witch hunt.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Question for Juanita Broderick. Hillary dragged her through the mud and did everything she could to destroy her. That's why Hillary isn't liked.

sdholloway56
Esteemed Advisor

Oh, for sure there are some legitimate causes for distaste and everybody can give you their list.

But as far as personal morality goes you really can't go there and then embrace a POTUS whose personal conduct is as bad or worse. Without at least being forced to divulge your real motives.

I'd liken the comparison of Dennison vs. The Clintons using their respective foundations as a metaphor. The Clinton Foundation shouldn't have been a thing as long as Hillary was to remain in public life- it created the appearance of impropriety at best and the opportunity for soft corruption, quite possibly. But it was extensively audited and has in fact done a lot of good works.

The Trump Foundation was a scam, from start to finish.

aljessen61
Senior Contributor

Biden's victims would fill a stadium so I don't think that idea would fly.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Well I thought this thread was about the likeability of Hillary but some how you managed to deflect it to Trump. Hillary is unlikable because she is mean. Women don't support her because she blamed them for Bill's actions. She defends Bill because after all he did have to deal with his anxieties now didn't he. But we all know orange man bad.

sdholloway56
Esteemed Advisor

Go ahead and tie yourself up in knots.

r3020
Senior Advisor

I hope you enjoy her documentary. No one will watch it because no body like her. She's mean.