cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

The Marijuana project.

Now that washington and Colorado have legalized marijuana in their states, I wonder how it will progress. Will the feds resist and shut it down or will they allow a trial basis within those two states?

I wonder about another cropping opportunity for americas farmers. A surplus of mary J a price destroying surplus that will destroy the criminal profitability of marketing. Good bye mexican cartels and thousands being murdered in our neghbor south of the border. Millions of dollars that will stay in the country and subject to taxes. Billions save in warehousing the marijuana criminals in the state penitenteries.

Smoking pot is no more a stepping stone to other drugs than is alcohol. Prohibition in weed was no more effective than prohibition of booze. Time to face the facts guys and make it legal. The pluses far outweigh the minuses. In addition my experience with marijuana has been limited to spraying ditch weed in the road sides or in the hog lots.

5 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: The Marijuana project.

I agree. Legalize it and tax the hell out of it. Maybe then we could lower income taxes even more.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I grew up raising tobacco. It paid for a good portion of my college expenses. Think growing marijuana would be similar. If it were grown out in the open with modern machinery wander how many growers would actually be needed. Would the government need to control who grew it or would a total "free" market type of system work. I agree it should be legal. Just not sure what can of worms it might open.
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Just think about it, if there were subsidies, the Gov. would pay you to grow pot.  LOL

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Careful, you might be an income tax avoider according to some people.

Highlighted
Advisor

The Colorado Amendment has a provision for developing legislation to advance Industrial Hemp.  I'm having some fun telling people I'm going to plant a quarter to hemp.  It would be fun to plant five acres as an experiment and comic relief, but I wonder what FSA would do.

If you look at the USDA publication it's apparent the government is leading to development of the industry.  I gather that seed can be processed for oil and cake with plants used for other oil seeds, I don't have any real idea if hemp oil can be produced cheaply enough to be used in place of diesel.  

There isn't a real market for hemp fiber at this time, but the link claims a processing plant would support 771 jobs, so it cold develop quickly if the totalitarians get out of the way. 

The intent is for people to be able to grow 6 plants for their own consumption which you may give to friends.   Right now the State has taken no action that I am aware of, however some prosecutors have dropped possession cases. 

http://www.ers.usda.gov/publications/ages/ages001e.aspx

http://www.google.com/search?q=industrial+hemp&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=u&rls=en&tbm=isch&source=univ...