cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

Re: Gosh I agree with you?

Trying to stay short of posing an anecdote which I deplore otherss doing, but it's 3 cases over time so maybe  I can pass it off as a trend.  We know of 3 instances where the situation resembled this one to some degree.  All involved active teachers and not a former one as in the case that started all of this but nonetheless all 3 of them were found in the end to be a case of a infatuated, aggresive and fearless sr. high school girls essentially charming and seducing male teachers. 

A good freind a couple of  years younger than me in  our school got a real time sex education back in the day before it was officially offered from a young married girls P.E. teacher.  She was hotter than he!!.  He never stood a chance.

Not that I ever heard him complain.

That compass has never always pointed N.  People act as though some of this stuff was only recently invented.

bruce MN
Advisor

Sure

What you pose is so completely different in so many ways from the original story line in this thread it's almost funny.

But, yeah, I'd agree with Don on that one,   It may be a case of statuatory rape or false imprisionment or something like that and the proper authorities should be notified.  Find a case like that to discuss rather than the one abou the two adults who found each other in life and we can talk about it.

Ironically, my late father was chair of the local school board when a case like this came down.  The Superintendent handled it terribly.  Let it blow over, the teacher got a divorce, married the girl the summer out of H.S.,  I do remember the frustration with the process.  Lots of moral outrage was floating around the community.  But in the end the school's legal counsel told them that they'd been way too pro-active (out fo their moral outrage) in their pursuit of the teacher and as a result of that didn't have al eg to standon.

As for teachers pre-Union day, my Mother taught in the local country school from September 1948 to January of 49 until she was shown the door by the school board...all of  them close relatives and/or members of our church when she started to "show" with me, who then came along in May.  They didn't want all of those fragile farm kids, especially the boys I'm sure, who watched pigs and chickens and cattle mate all the time) to see actual evidence of human beings having copulated.  Too bad she didn't have a union (of one, in a one room school house Ha!) so she could have kept at it   She would have been a good one, but that was the end of it for her,

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: Sure

Ok, Lt. Schultz....despite the 8000 emails the mother discovered, nothing inappropriate happened until that magical age of consent.

Incidentally, what I posed was an actual life case...I know or knew the teacher, shared a lot of beer with him , and even told him to his face, like  I would a lot of people, that he was a leftie communist. That shook him up more than when the school board finally managed to get him canned.

What made this case almost hilarious is that his ex wife ended up marrying one his former students after his trophy (or Lolita)  divorced him for one of her college professors. I think his ex and the student she married are still together, and that relationship was proper as it occurred a while after his graduation.

The girl, like the one in this Dr. Phil example, was deprived of a real life father and I am sure saw the teacher as the daddy figure. Once she got to college she found a bigger, smarter, more successful daddy.

From what I have observed here, I am not sure any liberal guys should ever be allowed to raise daughters( or sons for that matter!)  Nothing surprises me much anymore, just serves to confirm my worst fears.

No wonder you guys revere the Kennedys, Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Edwards, Jesse Jackson, MLK, and virtually every other skirt chaser you ever heard of. A bunch of wannabees. Really illustrates the moral divide in America.

The Republicans have Grinch, but look where he is at despite all the money poured in to jumpstart his campaign. Just think where Rick Santorum would be if he could attract the big bucks. or Ron Paul for that matter.

cotman03
Senior Contributor

I was a high school coach for 15 years.  I worked with many girls, great athletes (which means they had athletic bodies), in the spring time where they wore next to nothing.  I don't give a da*n.  You don't cross that line.  I never did, was never tempted, even though suggestions were made a couple of times by girls.  I could have taken the bite but I'm not that weak of character to mess with the daughters of friends or just girls I had some small amount of power over.  It's inexcusable.  I can't believe someone would try to excuse it as something other than what it is.  And it is that.....freaking wrong. 

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I don't believe I excused anything.  I said that you don't know either of them or really both sides of the story.

cotman03
Senior Contributor

They went on a television show to discuss their relationship.  Their side of the story is known.  Who else has a side that matters?  A 41 year old school teacher should not have a personal relationship with a student while that student is still in his/her school, even if he's not forcing her as you said.  That's what happened.  That's all I need to know.  It may not be illegal but it is wrong.  If it was my daughter, he would be very much regretting his activities and I can promise you that.   

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

How in the h3ll could we ever survive without you on the right??  You are the saviors of mankind.  Glory Glory AMEN!!!!

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Yeah we would be lost without Kernal Klink!  I thnk he is trying to confirm that he is morally superior to us. I don't know about you but he makes my little heart go pitter pat!

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Yes, I think I'm having the vapors!!